"Officially I'm Broke"

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

"Officially I'm Broke"

Post by bradthreee »

Hi Everyone :hi:

This is how my Ruckus currently sits: I guess we can call this Version 1.3.

I've had alot of fun ridding around on the stock 50cc. I've had it now for a little under a year and put close to 3K on the odometer. I installed a variator, intake, exhaust to be able to be able get up to 45mph. Instead off spending a buttload of money on the stock motor to be able to get up to 55mph, I decided to spend a buttload of money swapping in a Minarelli.

First purchases included Sanjuro's old frame, batterybox, and Zuma motor. I also picked up a Malossi MHR replica pipe and Malossi Multivar off Ebay a while back. Here are a couple of shots:

Next I met a fellow TR member named Ruckus. He is an Awsome Guy that is full of knowledge! We made a deal and I picked up alot of parts for the Engine build. These included a Stage6 HPC Crank, Stage6 Race BBK, Stage6 Bearings, Stage6 V-force Reedcage, PE20 Keihin, and a few other goodies:

Then I met another TR member who currently opened a nearby scootshop and I've started the next chapter of the build. He made me great offer for the labor on the install so I've decided to have him continue the build. I've purchased a Stage6 clutch kit, Stage6 offset engine mount, and a Stage6 intake manifold. This is the current progress:

More to come soon! :rock:
Last edited by bradthreee on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ruckus Horizontal Minarelli Build

Post by tru72 »

that athena bore is nice. I have ported a few of them here, easy 70 mph if it set up correctly!
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Nice, I remember Sanjuro's Ruckus! Makes me miss mine even more. I'd probably sell all my stuff just to get one, I know, blasphemy.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Nice stash of components!
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Brad3,
Dude, I never knew that you were that into the Ruckus scene! Yep, you have an awesome stash of parts for yur build. I freaking love Stage 6 components; they make some top quality stuffs. :2thumbs: Nice Malossi Rep pipe!

Keep us posted with your engine build.... you just made me want to go out and find a Ruckus to build. :smile:

Hope all is well with your fiance, and hope she is feeling better, dude-

Later, jon :coolcruise:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

tru72 wrote:that athena bore is nice. I have ported a few of them here, easy 70 mph if it set up correctly!
I'm hoping that I can reach 70mph but I would be happy cruising speeds of 55mph. I wasnt planning on doing anything outside of the factory porting. Bad idea?
zuphilius wrote:Nice, I remember Sanjuro's Ruckus! Makes me miss mine even more. I'd probably sell all my stuff just to get one, I know, blasphemy.
Dude dont even think of selling that Gyro. You will be kicking yourself in the butt later if you do :smile:
sanjuro wrote:Nice stash of components!
I followed your advice on the Stage6 stuffs. I cant wait to get everything put together soon!
z50r-blank wrote:Brad3,
Dude, I never knew that you were that into the Ruckus scene! Yep, you have an awesome stash of parts for yur build. I freaking love Stage 6 components; they make some top quality stuffs. :2thumbs: Nice Malossi Rep pipe!

Keep us posted with your engine build.... you just made me want to go out and find a Ruckus to build. :smile:

Hope all is well with your fiance, and hope she is feeling better, dude-

Later, jon :coolcruise:
Thanks for the kind words Jon. She is doing alot better now but still recovering. I still have to help her change bandages and clean her wounds daily. Thats the pice you pay sometimes for love brother :love:

I think you would build a sick Ruckus, especially after seeing what you've done with your builds :werd:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

I would just assembly it and try it first. That way you have a good base line to see what you need to to do to get more power out of it. Like I said its a really nice bore, and pretty forgiving & durable since it is a nickel seal type. I fins that these types of bore are really hard to kill.."Seize" Unless you are totally way off then it will happen, Good build man!
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

Hello "bradthree" That is great .You put a lot of work into that and it shows . Didnt see any turn signals on the back is it street legal ? OK I took another look turn signals under the seat , very cool .
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Thanks Six66!

Yes the turn signals are integrated into the rear tail light you see under the seat. They are street legal DOT approved lights. The sideways license plate, not so much :oops:

Knock on wood the cops haven't hassled me about it....yet :smile:
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Very nice work Brad da cubed! Took a milquetoast Ruckus and added proper two-stroke shroud of smoke. Nice work, as usual.

Vertical license plates adorn every chopper in SoCal. They don't have enough real estate to store every one they confiscate for that reason. Yeah, it's not technically "legal", but neither is changing out a main jet...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Here is how she sits as of today :sad:

Dropping her off at the shop tomorrow
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Looking good :thumbwink:
Glad to see a back end on the front :) Couple years ago, I brought Mrs Mouse to the local Honda shop to sit on a Ruckus, fully expecting we'd come home with one for her. But colors are critical, and black or camouflage was not doing it for her :shock: :) Ah well, when *Mr* finds a used bargain (may take years) a Ruckus will be scored and we can change to a color she likes.

I like the bike already at the start. The peacock oxidation on the pipe was perfect. But know it's going way above that... Have fun!
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Thanks for the compliments Whhelman and Mouse :love:

Sucks to hear that you didn't score the Ruckus a couple of years back. Maybe it was best at the time. Asside from the stock Ruckus colors, I've seen every color of the rainbow when it comes to custom paint.

My fiance also wasn't thrilled with the color on the Ruckus she purchased, but I promised her after I finished mine I would help paint hers pink. She knew that it was either she get a Ruckus or sit at home bored when I rode mine around :nervous:

I dropped by the shop to take a look at my Ruckus and the rear wheel was on and he was beginning with the wiring. I'm excited to get it back and put on my own finishing touches. I'm not going to rush him though.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Dude that looks hella kewl. When I get a ruckus Im gonna do the same thing. Was it easy to mod the engine onto the ruckus? That is the yamaha 3KJ engine or a clone correct? Nice job homie. :2thumbs:

Taz