Great bargain find! NQ50D

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Great bargain find! NQ50D

Post by mousewheels »

Dead on sharp
Finally, posting some pics. I got everything back from Cali except for the frame and put her back together. Runs great with no issues. Starts with a quick press of the start button and just idles great!
That's one nice Spree. Getting them back to a crisp 'pew, pew' rrrroom, purr is golden. I have a ritual with some 2 cycle home gardening equip. Hand waving, choke, couple lazy pulls (full effort never pays off). Pull 'till it pops once, reduce choke, blah, blah :lol: Whole process has been repeatable for years, but nothing like a Honda scooter brought back to stock condition (or better) condition.
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by KillinSpree »

I have the horn cover with the original spree decal on it in excellent shape if interested.
1984 Honda Spree White
1987 Honda Spree Blue
TiffanySpree
Spree
Spree

Post by TiffanySpree »

Thanks for all the comments!
motormike wrote:WOW !!!!.....whadda nice CL 200...........Spree is fabulous......seat cover get anywhere...you sure the dealer will have the sticker???.......I dunno.....so you got everything but the frame?? that one lost me ......how do I see this??.......49-65-hike........................... :urban:
Actually, it's my son's CB200t with CB400f handlebars and a scrambler pipe from a CL175. Fits right on!

You'd be surprised what the dealer stocks! Lots of NOS parts. See that "hard to find" petcock cover? Click-click on Powersports site and picked it up at the local dealer! Try it - what will you lose??

A little background to explain the frame. After finding it on CL in Orange, CA, I find out it needs plates, insurance, etc. Ouch! On top of it, I may be liable for back fees since the PO never registered it. Oh well, I was going to leave it for my nieces and nephews. Nah, I'll ship it home to Michigan where we just need a 3 year recreational vehical moped sticker. No plates, no insurance, no helmet... Anyway, I take it apart in an hour or so. Then I pack it up in 3 boxes. Two are under 40 pounds and I will take it on the plane ($43, it was cheaper than shipping). The third one has the motor that will ship by UPS. On top of that, it is not allowed on the plane. The frame ended up being over $150 to ship. So, I leave it behind. Before that, I already had a contact here that sold me a frame. Thanks to Spencer in Roseville! Finally, the tank wasn't quite dry and still smelled like gas. So, it was confiscated in LAX! Oops! I get home, find a frame and a tank. Then I just put it all back together while cleaning it up as best as I can. Lots of oil residue! But it was surprisingly clean as most of you commented about. The original seat cover was toast. So, this seat just came off another Spree. I ended up paying about $90 to ship it. My grand total of $300 for all was still cheaper than a Spree locally. Add to it that it's a rarer edition and with only 200 some miles. Cool! It's already stickered and titled! Yippee! I love having clean titles on my bikes. Now, I'll be moving to the city of Troy, which is more "scooter friendly". Can't wait! I can ride around a lot more places than where I am now. I can now just zip thru neighborhoods and cross major streets until I get to where I want. I runs pretty quickly up to 26 mph (iPhone gps measured)!
----
1986 NQ50d Spree Tiffany green/white - wifeys. Currently modding to get more *!
Early head, exhaust port, intake manifold, intake pod filter, 2.75 rear tire, pulley mod.
TiffanySpree
Spree
Spree

Post by TiffanySpree »

mousewheels wrote:Dead on sharp
Finally, posting some pics. I got everything back from Cali except for the frame and put her back together. Runs great with no issues. Starts with a quick press of the start button and just idles great!
That's one nice Spree. Getting them back to a crisp 'pew, pew' rrrroom, purr is golden. I have a ritual with some 2 cycle home gardening equip. Hand waving, choke, couple lazy pulls (full effort never pays off). Pull 'till it pops once, reduce choke, blah, blah :lol: Whole process has been repeatable for years, but nothing like a Honda scooter brought back to stock condition (or better) condition.
Thanks! I love bringing back any vintage Honda from the dead! It is an awesome feeling! Little bikes are just as cool in their own little way as big bikes. I'm just getting the bug of scooters like I never thought I would! It's a cool little (scooter) world! Nothing like just hopping on the scoot just as you are, key in, push start button and go. Easy Peezy!
----
1986 NQ50d Spree Tiffany green/white - wifeys. Currently modding to get more *!
Early head, exhaust port, intake manifold, intake pod filter, 2.75 rear tire, pulley mod.
e-Pirate
Goped
Goped

Post by e-Pirate »

Awesome find! :D
SWAG
1984 Honda Spree
1985 Honda Gyro S
1977 Honda Camino
1960 Alpa Moor
2009 Piaggio MP3 400