Another Elite E swap: Project Elite-D

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Re: Another Elite E swap: Project Elite-D

Post by Majourlittle »

Ok, I have moved a few projects down the line and I am reviving this guy. My grandfather that gave me this scooter passed away last May. I wanted to get this done before he left us all, but life takes a toll on all of us. This scooter was the bike I learned to ride on two wheels.

I finally got the engine to start up and run. I have blasted down the street a few times on it trying to break it in. In doing so, I have discovered a few things that need to be readdressed.

First being the shock is too far inward and rubs the rear wheel under compression.
Second is that the bike is too short and need a little stretch. Any aggressive throttle causes the front wheel to leave the ground.
Thirdly, the front brake grabs under a hard right turn.
Fourth, trying to maintain the center stand is a waste of time. Daytona makes a great center stand!

I will address these issues, then it is tuning time. I know of a flat road with huge shoulders and is really quiet that will be perfect for tuning. Hopefully I will be out the before the end of October.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

How did the rotating of the CT intake turn out?I had though about doing something similar but aiming it down with the flow. You have to be one heck of a welder to weld that small too, Im not that great yet to even attempt small stuff. It looks like you have a great build there!
kryptonite
Spree
Spree

Post by kryptonite »

Well...

im a bit behind on your build but i have a little input and ...take it as you will

1. your front fork conversion will prob turn out allright but... to save time but prob cost a little a SE50 front forks ARE a direct swap into an E frame (ive done this twice now) and have another set of forks ready for ANY other E frame i may aquire in the future :)

2. yes a H.I.D. conversion is BRIGHT but... i went out a bought a 2001 headlight from Honda and then added a higher watt bulb in it (H4 soccet?) and is a HUGE improvement and its plastic not glass like the older models

3. those E conversion pics is my E, yes Traffic Jamz helped me with it, we are college buddys for nearly 18 years now, since that build that has really inspired or group to go out and built our Drag Race frames and get heavy into the 1/8 mile racing of mopeds

4. i can get ya pics of my rides, just PM your phone/email i be glad to help

hope to hear from ya
Kryptonite
-Ben