af18 spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

lilredspree
Spree
Spree

af18 spree

Post by lilredspree »

Started this build about a year ago. Have had many posts in different threads asking for help. Thank you all for lending extra brain cells. This is the progress thus far... just came out of powder coat and I got her into a roller. Need to still install the wiring harness I made, plumb the gas lines, and install brake/throttle cables.

evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: af18 spree

Post by evilone »

You're probably going to catch * for butchering your panels...but i like it :smile:.
I like the taillights but think i'd get a round headlight.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

The panels were really cracked and falling apart. I too felt bad about it in the beginning, but hey gives it a really different look! And for the front light I'm very open to suggestions. I wanted something really slim. I agree I believe a round light would work better with the overall look of the bike.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

There's nothing wrong with your setup, round is just more my taste. You got what you where going for...it is slim and it does go good with your build. I still like alot :thumbsup:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

All done with the bike! Motor started right up on the fourth/fifth kick. Wanting to do some heat cycles to start breakin her in, but cant get my trailtech cht guage to work. Will see what I can do about that.
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

If anyone is curious my main motor build/tune thread is http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =4&t=12686

had some motor troubles with my 50mm this morning. bore/piston are shot.
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

Just picked up a polini corsa to replace the crapped out taiwan bore! Results to come post breakin
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

Got the boost port re-matched to the corsa boost port. Anyone have any suggestions on what compression ratio I should shoot for on this bore for a mild street build? As it sits its at 140psi on a compression test.. too high for my liking...
Any suggestions for a compression ratio or how thick my base gasket should be would help tons!
mopro logan
Spree
Spree

Post by mopro logan »

that is a really cool looking scooter i really like the way you put it all together.I like the head light that is on it. but that is just me. well looks good have fun. :thumbwink:
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

Thanks mopro. Should have some head gaskets here tomorrow so I can lower the compression on my corsa kit then it'll be back up and running again!
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

Got 100 miles on the corsa now. Not as much low end torque as the 82cc, but thats to be expected. It really pulls hard once the rpms match up with the expansion chamber.

Did however add an auxiliary gas tank to the floor board. Extra 1.5 gallons of pre-mixed fuel + the stock .66 gallon or so tank = quite the range on this bike. I set it up with a nice fuel pump, also mounted down under the floorboard, with a switch under the seat. If I need to refill while out on a long ride I just flip the switch and pump it right into the stock tank. Was planning on this tank to be my only gas tank at the beginning of my build, but decided I like the option of being able to have it mounted when I want it or take of the extra weight if I'm not going for a long ride.

Will post more pics once I get around to taking them.

mopro logan
Spree
Spree

Post by mopro logan »

I like the tank that is a cool idea. :thumbsup:
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

Wow that is the killer bike .The powder coating kick @ss .I put foot pegs on a bike also ,
so much better than like your sitting down drinking tea .
I have to ask what brand and type exhaust did you use ?
Is it helping at all ? Did you use your stock header or did you do your own bends ?
Or oversized tube I have been looking at exhausts and just can not see how they charge so much ? (cost more than I paid for some of my bikes )
I have been looking for old pocket bike pipes . Or just something I could try to make work and hope for the best .
Once again the powder coating looks great .
Your scooter job well done .
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

This is the exhaust: http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=61
Wrapped it in black exhaust wrap. The pipe actually works pretty well. Definitely happy with the power I get out of it at 7-9,000 rpm. Only downfall is its pretty loud. I like the tone and noise, but its not for everyone. Set up my whole transmission to keep the motor in that rpm range so I'm always in the power zone.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll put more pics of the finished product when I get around to takin my camera out again!
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

Went for that sleeper look, lol