not a honda but i will be getting one

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

maccrew
Noob
Noob

not a honda but i will be getting one

Post by maccrew »

ok well to start this is my current moped thats at the shop (the pic), i dont have a pic of it but my old scooter was a 1989 honda sb50p, i sold it to a friend a long time back and now i will be getting it back again for 20 bucks, its in rough shape and needs alot of work, i was hoping there is someone in wisconsin who might be able to help me out once and a while if i need it or has parts for that model. but anywho here is my current one and i will get a pic of the new old previously owned one soon. the keeway does not have trunk on it anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: not a honda but i will be getting one

Post by swimmingfree »

welcome
the first thing i wood do is smile the worst thing that could happen is you please it out and you will get more the 20 out of it.. so don't freak out if there is on one close to you to help you out ..
so with that said next i wood get the Manuel off here and put it in your computer ...so you can under stand whats what and do the work your self its good to no when your stuck on the road this is not a new moped it will happen..
when you ask for help on here you should give us as munch info as you can we are not there to see for our self you have to do that for us you are our eyes and ears and sometime photo helps as well..

but most of all taking to the Honda dealership is not cheep and a thanks is all we need to keep helping you

swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

have no fear, because scooters are easy to work on. Pretty much anything that needs done, people on here can guide you through it. The keeway looks like a cool scooter. What year was it made and where are they manufactured?
maccrew
Noob
Noob

Post by maccrew »

it is a 2007 keeway f-act racing, idk where its made, there are TONS around my area lol. with all that said i thank you ahead of time, maybe a little help could help me now, so to start i took my scooter to the shop 2 weeks ago and told them to fix my oil leak and if he could make it a little faster, so he was going to put on my pod airfilter for me, he tried and it boggs out at 20mph, he upjetted and even took the exhaust off completely and it still bogged at 20, so i told him to stop that and i would figure it out.

THEN

ok so the shop called me(today), i went and paid $215 to get my scoot back, they said they fixed the oil leak. THEY DIDNT, it still leaks really bad. he put in a new variator and rollers, now instead of doing 52ish on average i top out at 35, there was this odd clink noise coming from by the kickstart, so i took it back(not even an hour after picking it up). on my way back im going about 35 and the motor is still reving like im moving but all im doing is coasting to a stop, so i walk it 7 blocks back to the shop and he tells me my wheel barrings are bad, well they are shot because the back part where the belt connects moves up and down really bad. it stalls out and runs even worse then when i took it in, so now they are fixing it cost free since they didnt fix it when i paid. so now im 0 for 1 at the shop and still waiting to get my moped back.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

the honda ????
oil like is?????
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
maccrew
Noob
Noob

Post by maccrew »

no im still venting about my keeway, i dont have the honda yet, soon i will, the keeway leaks oil.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

oh, is the keeyway a 4 stroke?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

PimpinSpree wrote:oh, is the keeyway a 4 stroke?

Looks like a 2t to me.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Trafficjamz wrote:
PimpinSpree wrote:oh, is the keeyway a 4 stroke?

Looks like a 2t to me.
From that exhaust it most definitely is 2 stroke.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
maccrew
Noob
Noob

Post by maccrew »

yes it is a 2t and its the f-act racing
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

wheres it leaking oil from then? The oil reservoir or the transmission case or what?
maccrew
Noob
Noob

Post by maccrew »

well it looked like it was coming out of the hose the goes down in the throttle body area, but i fixed that and they put a new hose on and its still leaking, the shop said it looks like its coming from behind the cooling fan thingy, on the head or something like that.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

This is prob a chinese scooter. It looks like a jog(3kJ) clone. If this is the case the oil injector is behind the fan shroud. Just follow the oil line and you will find it. Sometimes they come loose and sometimes they just start leaking and need to be replaced. If it is a two stroke you dont actually have to use the injector. You can mix and problem solved. lol
This scoot prob already has a BBK in it. How fast does it go? If it goes over 40mph it prob has at least a 47-51mm jug on it.

Taz
maccrew
Noob
Noob

Post by maccrew »

i averaged 49 - 52 on the thing, topped out at 56 with wind at my back once