My First Spree Swap (Aero NH125)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Re: My First Spree Swap (Aero NH125)

Post by Tyler VR »

Opened up the intake window a bit. Before:

After:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Are you gonna split the cases :nervous: you could of got metal shavings in the case with the crank.
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

MrJumps wrote:Are you gonna split the cases :nervous: you could of got metal shavings in the case with the crank.
I only wanted to port the intake window so I masked off the crank case with duct tape. Then used modeling clay to completely block everything off, forced the clay to form into all the contours and more duct tape on top of that. When porting I also had my shop vacuum going to collect shavings, none got past the clay. Might be unconventional but it worked, saved me the labor of splitting the cases.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Okay making sure you blocked it off, okay good idea saves work.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
motormike

Post by motormike »

Tyler VR wrote:
MrJumps wrote:Are you gonna split the cases :nervous: you could of got metal shavings in the case with the crank.
I only wanted to port the intake window so I masked off the crank case with duct tape. Then used modeling clay to completely block everything off, forced the clay to form into all the contours and more duct tape on top of that. When porting I also had my shop vacuum going to collect shavings, none got past the clay. Might be unconventional but it worked, saved me the labor of splitting the cases.
:thumbwink: ..Tyler VR = winning.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

Final assembly of the nh125, probably won't get around to running it until summer.

Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

The next phase of my spree project is a complete paint job, been planning this for awhile now.

I've all ready started disassembly, going to start paint work on the frame.

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

From one spree swapwd owner to another rest in pepperoni. Lol looks good, get that mount good and strong.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It's amazing. The only thing cooler than Honda's incredibly elegant engineering and design is the resourcefulness of enthusiasts like you who tweak 'em.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

MrJumps wrote:From one spree swapwd owner to another rest in pepperoni. Lol looks good, get that mount good and strong.
She's been good and strong since I did the swap over 5 years ago. I did improve the motor mount a couple times, had issues with the rubber dampeners getting melted when I welded the mount. I replaced the rubber with hard urethane but there was too much vibration from the engine. Eventually I went back to rubber mount dampeners and it's been good since.

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

It's amazing. The only thing cooler than Honda's incredibly elegant engineering and design is the resourcefulness of enthusiasts like you who tweak 'em.
I don't think the honda engineers had any idea enthusiasts would be modifying sprees to do 60mph. :ndance: :lol:
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

I decided to weld in one more support bar from the shock mount tying it all together.

patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Tyler VR wrote:I decided to weld in one more support bar from the shock mount tying it all together.

True art right there!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I bet thats solid you should also weld a bar from the base of the seat to the handle bar tower like an drag bike. Wish I coukd weld, but im not imaginable enough to make anything usefull. I would weld stupid s*** on to my spree like a ball hitch and try to work out it or something. Lol
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

MrJumps wrote:I bet thats solid you should also weld an bar from the base of the seat to the handle bar tower like an drag bike. Wish I coukd weld, but im not imaginable enough to make anything usefull. I would weld stupid s*** on to my spree like an ball hitch and try to work out it or something. Lol
You could weld I'm sure. I think the ball hitch is an imaginative idea. Don't sell yourself short :-) I can weld, I'm no pro but I can lay down some decent beads now and then. If you can ever get your hands on a welder and the stuff you need to go with it, I highly recommend it. It's fun to learn to weld and it opens up all kinds of possibilities. If you continue to play with anything like scooters a welder will come in handy.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Oh, I see you already have the cross bar, so yeah, that thing is strong right now.
Bet that motor hauls though.
Do you have any footage of it?