This Topic Has Yet To Be Determined.

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

1CrazyMoFo
BMX
BMX

This Topic Has Yet To Be Determined.

Post by 1CrazyMoFo »

When you work at the dog pound you end up taking a puppy home every now and then. My job as a motorcycle dismemberment technician isn't much different. You can't save them all, but when this little Spree came in I felt I needed to intervene. After a little wheeling and dealing with the Boss~boom bang~I am now a new Spree owner.
Butter Cup now lives in my computer room/man lair, it runs very good, has ugly plastic, the usual missing petcock cover, needs tires, put starts right up. Pretty much all in all seems to be a happy little scooter.
So far, it's insured and I've removed the unsightly cup holder. Tomorrow I need to order tires and score some rear views at work, and also do the dmv thing.
My plans for Butter Cup aren't really clear, I just know that most of my shopping, ...Milk, Auto Parts, Lumber Yard, Liquor Store are within a couple of miles of my house.
Will it save me money? (I don't know)
Will it save me time (don't know that either)
Will it be fun? (after doing a burn out on my front porch and riding through the house, heck ya!!)

Anyway, I have more reading to do. Thanks to the powers that be for such a great fourm.
Peace,
Frank
?? Sears Allstate Compact
85 NQ50 Spree
86/2001 CMX Rebel (Daughters)
65 XLH 900
75 GL 1000
SuprasNsprees
Elite
Elite

Re: This Topic Has Yet To Be Determined.

Post by SuprasNsprees »

Congrats with obtaining Butter Nuts

That avatar is hilarious, btw
'86 Honda Spree : taz stage3 w/ mild porting, head milled 0.015", and pulley mod. 2k+ mies on kit
'80 Puch Magnum MKII
'78 Maxi Newport. Polini 64cc case matched, hi comp head, Rito alum crank, delorto 21mm race, etc.
'78 PA50 Hobbit
motormike

Post by motormike »

You have now entered the Spreelight Zone...keep your hand on your wallet at all times...use of humor while posting is "at your own risk"...the Official New Member Packet will arrive soon compliments of our in-house welcoming committee currently chaired by member "swimmingfree"....contents will include a red petcock cover, a pint of Kesslers, and a 1/2 off coupon for some hondaspree.net stickers. ... :urban: .... Impressive library. Welcome for real, I'm certain we'll be seeing you with some candid scooter pix...now how do I get outta this ?...oh yeah, take a left through the kitchen..... :hi:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

dont tack off the cup holder you will miss it ..
swimmingfree
motormike i dont share my kessler beside its the frist word i smell right

handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Post by Carnie »

motormike wrote:You have now entered the Spreelight Zone...keep your hand on your wallet at all times...use of humor while posting is "at your own risk"...the Official New Member Packet will arrive soon compliments of our in-house welcoming committee currently chaired by member "swimmingfree"....contents will include a red petcock cover, a pint of Kesslers, and a 1/2 off coupon for some hondaspree.net stickers. ... :urban: .... Impressive library. Welcome for real, I'm certain we'll be seeing you with some candid scooter pix...now how do I get outta this ?...oh yeah, take a left through the kitchen..... :hi:
:blah: How come I never got any of this? :P

Welcome to hondaspree.net!! Hope you find the wealth of knowledge as useful as the rest of us. (we know you will) :coolcruise:
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
motormike

Post by motormike »

Carnie wrote:
:blah: How come I never got any of this? :P
because it's the Spreelight Zone....... :crazy:
RideRed
1CrazyMoFo
BMX
BMX

Post by 1CrazyMoFo »

Cool, and thanks for the welcome!! I feel warm and fuzzy all over.

The introduction between my wife and BC went well. Started right up, idled, beep beep! Introductions are a big deal round here since I bought a VW camper back in 93', still have it as you can see. Upon showing off my new project to the wife, well, I slide open the side door and it keep on going....right out of the track, right off the side of the bus, landing on the ground and rocking back and forth like a flounder. I have never lived this down, so intros are touchy. But no worries, BC did fine. Also, not in trouble for riding in the house!!!

I like stickers!!!! This is Ralph my truck (all my stuff has names) I'll hook up on some spreenet sicks once I get done throwing money at BC.....not really happy with the name.

Also if the board is purchasing those petcock covers in bulk I'd like to score a couple of extra if I could. :smile:
Peace,
Frank
85 NQ50 Spree
65 XLH 900
75 GL 1000
SuprasNsprees
Elite
Elite

Post by SuprasNsprees »

what happened to the bus in the background ?

looks like all that power got away from someone lol
'86 Honda Spree : taz stage3 w/ mild porting, head milled 0.015", and pulley mod. 2k+ mies on kit
'80 Puch Magnum MKII
'78 Maxi Newport. Polini 64cc case matched, hi comp head, Rito alum crank, delorto 21mm race, etc.
'78 PA50 Hobbit
CNI Dawg
Spree
Spree

Post by CNI Dawg »

Soon your wife will claim BC & you will be back in the truck

Sprees are too cute - women just can't resist them !!!

Congrats on the new ride !:)
61Aand Still Having Fun !
Keeping the Dream Alive ! :)

01 Elite 50SR
'85 Spree
CMRA #77 MCE, '03 CBR600RR - Dark Horse Racing
1CrazyMoFo
BMX
BMX

Post by 1CrazyMoFo »

Albert and I had a little trouble with a low tree branch one night backing out of a driveway.
85 NQ50 Spree
65 XLH 900
75 GL 1000
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

When was albert born?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Help
Employ
Many
People

Dont
Smoke

Cheap

Pot
RideRed
1CrazyMoFo
BMX
BMX

Post by 1CrazyMoFo »

Albert is a 68' Rivera Penthouse (with all the goodies breadloaf side tent, etc.), he was sold here locally at Ed Pape' Volkswagen. I've done VW's off and on since the 70's, Albert and my thing are my two favorites. I guess I'm down to 4 or 5 VW's, back when I was healthy I once had 21 VW's on the property and made a pretty good living playing with them, but I've slowed down and have since reverted back to motorcycles and scooters. There's gonna be a big sale on the Samba come spring, there's tons and tons of parts, engines, body stuff...it's just a mess.

Blew off the DMV, just got out of work a little late and said bag it. I did grab some Kawasaki under handle bar mount turn signals....guess I'll play with those.
Peace,
Frank
85 NQ50 Spree
65 XLH 900
75 GL 1000
ute
Spree
Spree

Post by ute »

Welcome

Spree's are addictive and just a plain hoot to ride !!

But as you will soon notice and wonder where are all those petcock covers ??? every landfill must have at least 10 in them
1CrazyMoFo
BMX
BMX

Post by 1CrazyMoFo »

Well, the Kawi signals won't work so it's back to the drawing board. I may just mount some lights to the front splash shield and call it good. I just know if this spree goes down, the stock turn signals are gonna get wasted. And as I tend to get a little silly now and then.........

Peace,
Frank
85 NQ50 Spree
65 XLH 900
75 GL 1000