New Elite Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Indy Elite
Noob
Noob

New Elite Build

Post by Indy Elite »

So I have been trolling the boards for a little bit. Catching up on some information. I am not new to this scooter game, but I am new to the 2t scoots. I had a gy6 Ruckus that I sold, simply because I got in trouble with it. I never had the paperwork for it, and it became a large hassle. So now, I stumbled upon this... and I am back in the game.

I bought the elite with title and an AF16E engine for 150$. Score. Now to tear it apart and make it mean.

The real question is going to be... build the af16, or swap it to the gy6. The answer for me is simple, gy6. I know the build, I know the engine. But I am intrigued by the 2t power. What do you guys think?

Here are some pictures of my ruckus.

Attachments
New Scoot
New Scoot
scoot.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Wheelman-111

Re: New Elite Build

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Two strokes are simpler to build, for sure. Probably cheaper, for a given performance level. Not hard to get reliable 70 MPH for under a G. Some race as fast as 85.

Takes valve, cam and head work along with big-bore to do as well with 4stroke, I bet.

Frame and chassis engineering is already done if you stick with Elite block too.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Ruckus looks good, I like yellow/black. Build it your way with either powertrain.
When you have parts questions please post outside your build thread, responders are more apt to find your question and others will find the answers helpful - forum charter is at this link.

Wheel options thread is is moved to this link
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

i say stick with the two stroke!