Honda Lead NH50

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Alen
Goped
Goped

Re: Honda Lead NH50

Post by Alen »

new gears are in - 16x42
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

stock cvt vs in-part ( i had to drill boss)... and do you think that i should grind case more in that spot?
thank you
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

Alen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:48 pm harleyracer59: i was talking about between flywheel and pickup coil (from the outside). Some bikes have in service manual gap between these two parts... usuallly 0,45mm

its been a while since ive had a flywheel off one of my hondas... lol for some reason i was picturing my smallframe vespa setup. .45mm sounds about right. old guy told me a lot of years ago when in a pinch, the thickness of a matchbook will get you back in spec. matchbooks were popular back then. good luck finding one these days..... a standard business card is my new go to. its same thickness as a matchbook. that thickness seems to be the magic number for most things ignition, from points to electronic pickup. abusiness card as a feeler gauge will get you in the ballparkk

and as to your variator question yes clearance the case with a dremmel to make room for the bigger variator
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Thank you!!! :)))
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

Alen wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:52 am stock cvt vs in-part ( i had to drill boss)... and do you think that i should grind case more in that spot?
thank you

what are the measurements on the variator boss? i had to drill out the dio variator boss to fit on my ab07. with my newly found info on the pgo star1. malossi and polini both make variators for the star. id venture to believe the pgo boss is the same as a ab07. the pgo star2 looks a lot like a dio/kymco engine. new than the star 2 looks like minarelli though.
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

It was 38mm lenght and there was a hole 12mm. I had to drill to 14mm to fit it to af18e.

And with lenght Im still waiting for malossi belt and zx pulley.

its this vari: https://www.2hmoto.cz/variator-ip000337
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Guys may I have question for bbk?

I have malossi kit (part no 317200) for af18e. Do I have to enlarge boost port? Id rather put there contesa/corsa bbk to not to touch the port.

Thank you

Edit: i have changed malossi for contesa in my order. it on back-order and it should be here in january.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

Alen wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:48 am It was 38mm lenght and there was a hole 12mm. I had to drill to 14mm to fit it to af18e.

And with lenght Im still waiting for malossi belt and zx pulley.

its this vari: https://www.2hmoto.cz/variator-ip000337

if i remember correctly, a racing gy6 rear pulley is the same diameter as the zx pulley and the gy6 pulley has better sliding grooves. you want a straight goove not the stepped groove. that stepped groove is what creates that shift you feel when riding. that will shift you right out of te power dand with a racing cylinder or an expansion chamber exhaust. the straight groove keeps you in the sweet spot the whole time your accelerating
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Oh no... this time I was not lucky. I have ordered this one: https://ncystore.com/twh-secondary-slid ... -honda-dio
It has 3 straight grooves and 3 stepped grooves.

Ill take some pics when i get it.

Thank you again for helping me :))
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

I have taken down top end and Im slightly worrried about my crank.

Im used to that cranks spin totaly freely... a last in my xts they are free. Here it doesn bind or has play in it but i just cant spin it.. like 100rpm

Here is vid: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/prujtYH0quE

What do you think?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Hmm, hard to tell on a video what you're feeling. Seals installed will create a little friction, though.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Hi,

I have installed new seals but I dont believe that seals are the issues. I cant move it freely with my fingers... to keep it spining by itself.
When I was doing top end on xt550 I could spin with conrod really fast.

Ill try to take down top end from original AF01 and compare them :)
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

I found what it was. I clean crankcase with fresh petrol and than I have put there oil and now its completly free :))

There had to be something sticky on bearings
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Hi,

its me again... I have bought another dio over here in city called Opava. It was pretty cheap. I believe that Ill start looking for another scooter where I can use this engine.

Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Here is comparasion of zx pulley and inpart vari
I have to mill a bell about 2mm and than painted with headers spray and also I hope that its enough of grind of the case
Here is inpart clutch
Last edited by Alen on Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.