Fab Flash 7: Fabrizi 50mm Cylinder Kit (74.6MPH)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Fab Flash 7: Fabrizi 50mm Cylinder Kit (70.4 MPH)

Post by paulpauly7 »

Them guys in hawaii are also running real tall gearing most here run the 8.4s .I think 70mph on 8.4s is pretty ressonable with bugger all loss on take off .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Wonder if that scoop makes a difference in the temp
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I've ran them with and with out, on faster speeds it didn't seem like a difference but lower speeds it did for certain. I have the ones from racingplanet. They're plastic and fit pretty well over the af16 covers but not very well on the kymco ones. Kymco actually has their own scoops but I haven't been able to find one since I sold the bike with it on it. I knew I should have took it off.
Also when you install it, the rear suspension needs to be pre loaded so you can line it up to where it's functional. Removal of the plastic guard for the fan does wonders for temp control as well, just be sure to not go off road too much.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi. I put same homemade scoop wheelman made and the motor stays cooler. I have not hit 425 temperature again.
it worked very well for me. the temps are around 360 to 380 at top speed. hope this helps. :wink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

What CHT gauges you guys using? What's the max temp?
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

dem0nk1d wrote:What CHT gauges you guys using? What's the max temp?
Pretty much everyone here I'd say either uses the trail tech cht or the full trail tech vapor. Both available from graphite9 here on the forum and are great well built products I have one of each and love them.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Nah, too fargink HOT in Tejas for scooter toonage, at least for my taste. I did bite the big bullet and order a set of them-thar fancy six-petal reeds from Treats. Maybe by the time they get here we'll have a little cooler weather to test them in.

The last word was that I put the Black manifold on and immediately noted a pretty substantial jump in temps at WOT, despite the 158 Main I'm using. Not sure why that is, unless that rubber isn't sealing the OKO 28 properly... It was crossing 63MPH when the Vapor light came on and I cut throttle. Cools quick on the big-ish Pilot jet though, so not sure what's going on.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Finally summoned some Sunday Gumption to spend a few hours in the 97-degree garage. First, I eliminated the screening at the fan intake. I hear all the cool kids are doing it, and the last WOT run with the Black Intake saw temps creep over 400 for the first time ever. I checked the Black for intake leak, finding none. In fact the entire block seems oil-tight, including the exhaust flange.

Finally, I installed the Tassinari V-Force 8-petal Carbon reeds in place of the two-petal glass assembly that came with the Black. Maybe the added intake area will finally allow the Fabrizi to sing the High C? Ran out of test time and needed to re-hydrate.

Now it appears I need the rubber connecter between the OKO 28 and the OKO airbox. Anyone have an idea? It looks like something one could cobble together with rubber cement if the correct hose diameters could be found...
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
cruzingratiot
Elite
Elite
Location: Detroit michigan , 2000 Purple elite s ,2001 Black elite s ,

Post by cruzingratiot »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Now it appears I need the rubber connecter between the OKO 28 and the OKO airbox. Anyone have an idea? It looks like something one could cobble together with rubber cement if the correct hose diameters could be found...
I was thinking something like this for a replacement ?
ill keep looking mine is starting to look bad also
1 3/4" to 2" Straight Reducer Silicone Turbo Hose Coupler 45mm - 51mm
41EtfDWIVEL.jpg
41EtfDWIVEL.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 7013 times
link
http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Reducer- ... B00IX87NYM
Donate Life
6-7-04 Liver Transplant Recipitant
http://www.donatelife.net/
Thank You

My 2000 Mystic Purple Elite Build
LINK -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27850
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Most helpful, Cruz! I took a chance for $10 shipped and pulled the trigger already. Hope they send a red one! :happy:
Wheelman-111
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

graphite9 wrote:Anyone doing 70 on a machine with ten inch wheels, and "micro" drum brakes deserves a golden token.
Spree brakes are completely adequate up to about 42.. after that the front brake overheats after the first 70mph run.. .. The real problem is spree front suspension or lack there of .. wouldn't have it any other way :blah: .. that being said have you ever tried to destroy spree forks to get the steer tube off.. Made out of the same stuff they make bomb shelters out of.
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Finally got some time to put in the 6-petal reeds in the Black manifold the other day. First thing I noticed was how much cooler it seemed to run, despite the denser air/lower ambient temperature. I was beginning to doubt my own theory about cold air making the scooter run hotter... see last test ride with "stock" black mani reeds.

With the 158 Main in the 28 OKO, the top temp was 370 - and the rate of temp rise seemed linear with the RPM and throttle/BMEP output. SO down-jetting I go again. Top speed was 68.4 so still a bit rich for best power. Tuning continues.
Wheelman-111
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi Mr. Wheelman. would you give us an update? How is the fabrizi cylinder holding up? Do you like it?
in your professional opinion, which one do you like the best. Polini, malossi, or Fabrizi BBK?
I ask you because, you have tried all three. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

And I've had the Nikasil, the Malossi Iron, a couple of 51s and a 50mm or two from East of China.

The Corsa has my respect as the cylinder I ran longest - and Fastest so far, though not by much. My faith in the cylinder grew over many months - it never seemed to skip a beat. I actually commuted over the freeway with it, and after many days of not grenading, I took it for granted. It's a lot of drama, however, as it's pretty gutless until you wring its throat with RPM. In the end. a Bonehead mistake took it out - couldn't find that carb needle clip... FOUND IT!

The MHR is a strong runner, and just as durable based on its appearance when I took it off. More low-end power than the Corsa, but I at least never got to see its ultimate top end - lack of tuning time in later months and the swap for Fab. People with better tuning skills and experience report hitting 80, and I don't doubt them.

The Fab is another cylinder that's not getting the tuning attention it deserves. Clearly stronger still in the low end, mainly thanks to its 10 cc displacement advantage. I don't see it failing any time soon, and it's handled 400+ degrees once or twice. I'm not sure the Fab chamber pipe isn't holding it back, a little, but 70+ ain't bad. Wheelie city off the line too.

Bottom line: Fast, reliable, and cheap. Pick any two. I've decided that anything from Italy is OK. Bragging rights for going faster on less displacement goes to Corsa for me so far.
Wheelman-111
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi Mr.Wheelman. thank you much for your informative personal experience.
from information I found the corsa seems to be the most reliable. And can be improved.
I've read the MHR can be really improved, by some serious porting.
the Fabrizi I had no information till now. I guess you can't beat displacement. and quality.
quality was my main concern on the fab. But 400, once or twice seems promising. and you're confidence on the Bbk.
I read the fab chamber pipe should rev up to 11,000rpm. with their technology I think it should.
thanks again for the helpful information. :thumbwink: