01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by johnny248 »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:yeah my contra is suspect was better than my old one but still was used.so gonna get a new one in so I know everything is fairly new so I know there are no weak spots. then Ill start playing with rollers but I will need to drop down for sure.
I know this is apples and oranges, but the blue spring that I had with my CMR BBK seemed to work well and pulled hard all the way through the rpm range.

I'm not sure what RPM spring the blue is, but it was good on line.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

The blue polini contra is 15% over. Not quite sure what that equates to but that's best I can do. I think there is one that is stronger but G9 has them here so I can grab one this Saturday.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Ok so I was wrong the blue polini spring is 10% over. Through that in and dropped my rollers to 5.5g all the way around, and it grabs a lot better and lost the sponge on throttle. Running 102 main and a 35 slow. Highest temp was 289 cruised at 40-45 at 200 degrees. Had some issue pulling up the hill passed half throttle would surge until I dropped the throttle. Thick it's still rich will do some jetting next week. Ran it hard tonight still no full throttle. Screamed around town literally. Braaap
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (132.51 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Trans feels pretty good right now. No slip at all and no hesitation on throttle. Will keep adjusting as I go but it was launching great last night. Couldn't believe how cool it ran Especially around midnight when it was in the 40s temp wise outside. Hit 56 and wasn't even trying. In traffic and light to light ran awesome.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

35 that needs to come down she's very cold blooded right now.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Rip.... Stop posting this *! You are * me off. I'm not happy at all that you are out riding around tuning your bike while my engine is sitting on a work bench and it's 9┬░ outside lol
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Sorry bud one reason I live on the west coast. Almost year round riding.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:Sorry bud one reason I live on the west coast. Almost year round riding.
Lol yeah, for some reason I live in Michigan. Why? I'm not sure. Winter sucks, summer is beautiful but super short, are roads are total crap, and the cost of living is ridiculous. Oh, but we have 4 season here.... Wonderful selling point hahaha

Anyway, I've been following your build and it is just giving me more motivation and drive to keep working on mine and get her going. So keep updating us and good luck with that bad boy. Glad to see it is coming together after some hiccups.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

end of summer here but its still 93f out side
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

through in a 32 slow and a 100 main jet and took it out for a spin and bike ran great still need some trans tuning and still bogging at full throttle. highest temp I got was 279 and that wasnt for very long bike is still cruising in the low 200s. not sure why but its very cold blooded on start and wont idle till I actually ride it to get the temps up but once warms up it idles great. kinda baffled on the running temps though I got my smallest jets that I have in it and its still running so cool. will move the clip on the throttle pin and see if that does anything. still running the cover on my pod filter will take that off and see if that lets more air in. if anyone has any suggestions feel free to chime in.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

rode the bike home last night and into work this morning. brrr about 32 this morning on my way into work temps never passed 200 degrees until I turned it off then it climbed up to 250!? havent adjust the throttle needle yet to see if I can lean it out more. gonna pull off my plug and check the connection on the temp sensor I have no reason to believe it isnt working right as I havent had any issues with it in the past. but I am just baffled about my temps. on flats it runs great still bogs at full throttle but going up hills as soon as I hit about 40 it wants to bog till I drop the throttle then its fine up to a certain point in the throttle then it bogs again. granted it was cold as heck outside and the bike barely got to a good running temp the whole ride in. going to be in the 60s a few days this week hoping to see what happens in a little warmer temps.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

What kind of throttle position had your ride been? Rasing the needle clip up a notch will lean it a bit from about 1/8 to 3/4 throttle. This also is affected by needle taper. I'm not sure if any guys change needs in their carbs or simply adjust the clip position. The main jet starts to kick in also as you get closer to wot. Might want to try doing some plug reading runs also to see what the burn looks like.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Needle is currently in the middle position. Woulda been riding today but took off pod filter to take cover off and noticed a split in it. So ordered another one and just waiting for it to come in.hoping by the weekend. Having the cover on might not be allowing enough air. Hoping that and moving the needle will help.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

What part was split? You know, from an actual filter aspect, the Polini is a little dissaspointing. First off, the foam is shaped like a cup. At the top of the cup, it doesnt really see against the cage. In fact, there is a gap. And at the bottom of the cup, it is cut out, and there is round foam insert that is just stuck in the bottom. I know this isn't designed to a very high effeciency filter, it would be nice if the filter actually was sealed some how. In a automotive application this thing would fail horribly, and oil analysis would most likely show all sorts of silicone which is slipping past the filter. It would also fail in dusty, dirty conditions. I would like find an actual filter that seals correctly and does a good job at what it is supposed to do. Trap dirt

That kinda got off subject. Interested to see how your needle adjustment changes things.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I agree it's not my favorite pod filter but I do like some aspects of it. The foam itself split around top.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (27 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow