Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Dr_Craw
Spree
Spree

Re: Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by Dr_Craw »

looking sick sir!
Roll the dice
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

im hoping someone can help me out with my clutch on my purple ruckus.

im using polini primary gears

stage6 over range rear pulley

stage6 medium clutch spring

polini 2 shoe clutch

polini evo bell

my issue is, when i tighten the nut down, just FINGER tight i get a horrible high pitched squeeling that i can only assume is the bell rubbing against the face of the clutch. when i tighten it alittle more with a ratchet i cant even spin the rear wheel :mad:

what part of my set up is wrong?...i have a polini 3 shoe clutch and matching bell on my air cooled bike i might try swapping. i dont know if maybe my stage6 and polini combo will work....someone who knows more please chime in.

thanks in advance.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Sounds like you have a 105mm clutch bell on a 107mm clutch. Hard to say with out seeing it. Hope it works out!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

thats an idea. however if thats the case would the bell even be able to fit over the clutch?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Ya 2 mm isn't much but it's enough to make it not rotate with out dragging. I had 3 deltas sitting on a shelf, one piaggio, one dio, and one minarelli. All 3 are very close but just a little different in size of pads or diameter.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Just swap bells and see what happens.
I can't believe your bike lost to that ysr.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i dont think i will be able to swap just the bell. the 3 shoe im using on my air cooled bike is a jog style. id have to swap clutch and bell. but i should still be able to tell whats causing me issues. ill also go through the packaging it came in and see if i can find out if they are different.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

talked with G9 for a little bit last night, he suggested i do a spacer in between the clutch and bell. so i tried a couple different ways. smaller spacer sitting inside the clutch on the splines pushing the bell out did nothing. i also tried a larger washer that sits pancaked between the clutch and bell. i was able to get the horrible high pitched grinding noise to dismiss but if im past finger tight the wheel is still locked. "heavy sign"

tried doing it the easy way. i guess now ill take apart my other bike to see if i can get that clutch and bell combo to work with the stage6 overrange. im leaving for a carshow/autox next weekend and i really want to get this running so i can take it :(
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

talked with G9 for a little bit last night, he suggested i do a spacer in between the clutch and bell. so i tried a couple different ways. smaller spacer sitting inside the clutch on the splines pushing the bell out did nothing. i also tried a larger washer that sits pancaked between the clutch and bell. i was able to get the horrible high pitched grinding noise to dismiss but if im past finger tight the wheel is still locked. "heavy sign"

tried doing it the easy way. i guess now ill take apart my other bike to see if i can get that clutch and bell combo to work with the stage6 overrange. im leaving for a carshow/autox next weekend and i really want to get this running so i can take it :(

larger spacer pictured...
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

With the spacer attached does the clutch bell fit completely over the clutch pads? Can you turn the wheel with out the bell attached? Sounds like a bunch of fun.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

wheel spins fine with the clutch assembly loose. once tightened its locked. i didnt even check to see if it cleared. it probably didnt. over on zuma forums they asked if my over range came with a spacer. i couldnt remember so i pulled up a stock photo. i really hope this little black spacer is still in the box where it should be. Image
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You've completely removed the rear clutch assembly and no scrapes on the case? Even if the bell was too tight on the clutch the wheel would still move. It would be as if the clutch was engaged. The back of the over range has to be dragging if so.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ill double check the behind the over range. but im pretty sure its remained un touched. the horrid grinding is sounds like its coming between the clutch and bell. you can even see on the spacer on the pic i posted where its rubbing. at least, thats where i think it rubs.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

That moment when you put the supplied spacer on that came with your over range, and everything works perfect

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyZ_Rt7jak

Moving on
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

d*** supplied parts will get you everytime! Lol glad you got it sorted out man!
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.