01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

when it dies at 45 its more of a gurgle than a wheez.

was running a 106mj with a 35pj. with temps typically in the low 300s I know the needle has minimal changes but I cant help but think its not getting enough gas 1/4-3/4 and my temps are fairly low. and it is fluttery till I open her up to about 3/4 then it hits hard. its been this way for a bit but my temps were in range and never close to overheating so Ive run it trying to dial in the CVT. Im gonna try my theory and see what happens. I dont know why it would be so lean in the middle but feel so rich up top but thats what Im feeling. then again what the f do I know. it has symptoms of being lean but I dont think my pj is to lean as I am almost spot on @1.5 turns out and it idles perfect at 1700 rpms. last time I went higher with the PJ it was worse. I dont think I am lean on my MJ either my temps were great even with all the flutter in the middle. cruising temps. are high 200s hill temps get up in the mid 300s depending on the hill. but that being said most of the hill climbs were not using WOT. all I know is 3 vastly different weight set ups have the same result. bog at WOT around 45. trust me when you ride(if I havent gotten it solved by then) you will see what Im talking about.

fridays days are not the best for me I pick up my son from his mothers that day for the weekend so Its pretty much a wash. I have a game on sunday at 2 at westmoreland I might be able to head out early and swing over your way before my game if your gonna be around.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Try raising the clip. It sounds exactly like mine was doing until I raised the clip which now sits on the last notch.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

It's rich not lean.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

So the flutter 1/4-3/4 is it being to rich? heres why I think its lean.. if i were to be cruising 35 at say half throttle and I hold the throttle position it will flutter and lose speed like its not getting enough fuel to keep it at that position.if i give it more gas it picks back up and goes. it doesnt bog out it feels to me like its running out of gas in the carb. to me if it was running rich wouldnt it bog out or something. there is no bog 1/4-3/4 its all or nothing honestly. im not trying to argue here Im just trying to wrap my head around whats happening.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Ya raise the clip like dean recommended. You're in the same boat as me right now and I just don't feel like removing the slide again. You might have to richen the pilot to help the transition after.
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

After I moved mine up,it was like night and day. It screams now from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. Before, like you, I had to feather the throttle to get it going.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Well I moved the clip down and dropped to a 104mj before all this discussion happened and decided to try it out anyway that and I was feeling lazy. Runs lots better still a little bog around 45 but barely. Still got issues mid range. Stalled a couple times idling to a stop. so tonight I will move the clip up to one notch above center and see how it does going back to work.

Max temp was 302

I did almost hit 60 and wasn't really trying as I rarely get the chance on the roads I commute to work on.

Thankfully I'm seeing some success here. I think the reason I thought it was my cvt was how it always does it at 45mph dead on every time. I thought that at wot if your rich it would bog immediately but who knows.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.31 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

I just finished reading up on carb adjustments and the needle is the only thing going to affect 1/4 to 3/4 throttle position with the main only for 3/4 to wot. Speed doesn't have anything to do with carb, only throttle position. Raise it 1 more and I bet you'll be golden though since it stalled you might need a larger pilot jet or adjust the air screw for richer.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah I'll need to fine tune the idle I'm sure. I just raised it one above center and I'll see what happens.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Looking fwd to your results!
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

So moved the clip one above center and it runs so much better 1/4-3/4 temps were low. So I am currently running 35 pj and a 104 MJ one clip up. The big is back at wot throttle as yesterday on the ride home it was almost gone. I went down a jet yesterday from 106-104. I guess I'll try moving it down another jet. Max temp I hit this morning was 340 uphill testing my wot cruising temps were under 300. Thanks the advice guys it's getting there.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

officially stumped. threw in a 102 mj to see what would happen and took it for a spin. same thing. got to 45 wot bog. 3/4 throttle hauls * passed 45 well into the 50s with ease. so I got it to 45 and opened it up and went a few seconds then fell on its face again. I do feel I could move the clip up one more and it would help 1/4-3/4 a bit more. my cruising temps for 3/4 throttle around 50 were around 310. I guess Ill try something G9 mentioned and go drastically the opposite direction and throw in a 108 just to see what happens. maybe Im running lean on the mj and just dont know it. my temps dont indicate it but who knows. If I actually had the time and energy Id do a plug chop but that isnt going to happen probably before I get together with G9. im at a loss. why does it always do it at 40-45 mph? there cant be anyway Im to rich with a 102 right? but if im leaning it out why are my temps still so low? ugh.. it freaking screams at 3/4 throttle! driving me crazy.

on a side note It finally broke the 10k mark for rpms on this run.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Wha kind of bog are you getting at WOT? Like a flat no power bog or choppy chuggy trying to go faster bog? Best way I can think to ask lol
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

As you adjust your mj, you'll have to adjust the needle again as they both overlap each other on the turning chart.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

when it bogs and loses power it kinda makes a low wawawa sounds hard to explain kinda reminds me of reverb as its vibrating in my ear(d*** that pg long gots some serious sound waves). when it loses power if i back it off to 3/4 throttle it launches again. like I said I think I need to move the clip up one more notch to the final notch to get the 1/4-3/4 dialed its close but still feeling a little hesitation. the only thing that helped this problem is when I went down a notch from center and dropped from a 106 to a 104. at that point there was little bog at wot it was still there but was faint. ran worse in the middle but helped the bog.. Im gonna throw in a 106 or 108 when I ride it this weekend and see what happens when I richen the mj back up. g9 is running d*** near the same setup and his is a 106mj 35pj and clip center. granted my set has about 1k more miles on it than his does. this d*** 2 stroke is making feel stupid.. I understand the fundementals of it but by god its besting me.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY