my new 88 prebug build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: my new 88 prebug build

Post by benji »

Image Image
Pics of the motor- got the intake and cylinder on and bolted up. Also got a gas tank and seat, n took off the rear fender.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya think? I was gonna go w a giannelli next, they have a decent power curve and a high rpm. Or maybe a stage6 or sito street exhaust, I'm gonna use it in seattle w alotta hills so I want some torque. I got the bore from ebay for $50 shipped, so i had to try it haha. I'm gonna go w a top trophy or polini cast sport kit if it burns up. The polini cast I have on my aero is awesome, takes alot of abuse and has some decent power. The piston looked new last time I popped the head.
Last edited by benji on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Image Image
New naked bar setup from a tng venice. Loving the parts bikes ;D
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Ohh yea , nice top GURL :surprise:

I like that Mocha color you got blending in, was looking at paint today and was considering it for my plastics as an accent.
:popcorn:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

The venice had some weird gold trim on the fork and headset I'll have to cover up when I paint the body panels, and they got these old school looking grips. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep the bars or grips, kinda want dirt bike bars and cool guy grips. Or maybe I'll have to make a second set of copper drag bars haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Yup haha im sure mines been pretty hot. I was running w half the cooling shroud and w the open filter I swear the seat was getting warm. Just smelled hot. I'm hoping the ruima will take it, but if it don't there's plenty of cheap cast iron kits for this motor, and there's always the jog 90 motors from scooterdawg...

I think the venice headset is bent, it doesn't seem to line up straight w the wheel. The parts bike looks like it got hit pretty hard in the front (the forks are spun around backwards and are jammed that way) so I think it might be a little crooked. If I can't fix it i guess I'll have to pony up $30 for a bar clamp.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

What gears you got on your vert? You got an overrange on it? I'd love to be doing 60-65 on this one, just for the long range rides. I like the idea of the jog 90 or 100 because of factory reliability at 90cc but I won't do that. I've got a horizontal Chinarelli I can put in if I grenade this vert.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

How it looks so far. I'm swapping those bars out haha they feel so uncomfortable.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Are my pics huge btw? I saw motormikes post about that, I wonder if I'm guilty too... I use photobucket and only go onto this site w my phone.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

benji wrote:Are my pics huge btw? I saw motormikes post about that, I wonder if I'm guilty too... I use photobucket and only go onto this site w my phone.
Look normal to me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Cool.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Just ordered a technigas next r pipe and a fan shroud. I think I'm gonna go w a mikuni vm24 carb, there crazy cheap and i already have pwk jets. There oem carbs on kawasaki kx65 dirtbikes, so I'm sure there reliable.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

On the stock crank? That's one reason I'm not trying to go to crazy on this motor, I'm afraid the crank will grenade if I run it past 10k. I'd much rather run a smaller carb, but my intake manifold is for a pwk and a vm24 is CRAZY cheap, like $30-$40. The dyno runs I've seen of the technigas next have the powerband high enough to run a 24mm carb, and it should gimme close to 8 or 9 hp which is more than i need. I'm kinda thinking about swapping over to a piaggio motor I've got in the future, so I'm tryin to keep the cost down on this motor. I just wanna ride it around the city, not street race it.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I would like to do an overrange pulley and gears if I do keep this motor tho, I hear that's the way to go. 65-70 w/o crazy tuning and excessive rpm. Perfect for commuting haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

This is the parts bike I'll end up using for the prebug if I can get a title for it.. Imagederbi gp1 racing edition. Piaggio lc motor, 13" wheels w disc brakes, 55-60 mph (supposedly) on stock bore,etc. Image but I don't wanna start making a super bike outta the prebug if I can't get a title for it.