AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by R1Titan911 »

Meatball wrote:Dude, your explanations are crystal clear. I love the graphics along with it. So you just had to shave/grind the tab on the adapter a bit so your axle would push through.

Reason I ask is because I just swapped a Met tree onto my Elite and wanted to change out the Met legs to something better. However, I don't have the cash at the moment to go disk brakes so I want to run the drum for now. Thanks for the info! :2thumbs:
Yes sir and when i say it was minimal it was like just the paint lol. i touched it back up with some krylon fusion but its aluminium so it aint getting all crusty rusty in our life time :thumbwink:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Well went to install my trail tech speedo sensor on my front end and noticed that the kit I got from SSS doesn't have the right one I need for the Ruck swap. I contacted trail tech and they said I can send in the sensor, cable, and magnet and they will exchange it, and ship me a new one! Good customer support!
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Started cleaning up my controls and got the left side done then the mail came!

KN Brake Arm, Takegawa Brake Nut, SSS Stiffy, & my TRS Vapor Mount finally came in! I guess you can use the KN brake arm on the rear too? Didn't know that so going to have to buy another set.

Slicker than owl snot :nerd:

Ground the round part some and got this thing to sit HèllaFlush!

Prep, Fit, Tacked

Got her Spoog'd up! :urban:

Got that weld repair sprayed on there :geekdance:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

yours looks alot nicer then mine lol good work! :2thumbs:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Went to The Ruck Shop today to return that NCY Axle Bolt and exchanged it for some more bling!
Front Tree Cover Dealyo
The fitment of the Vapor into their mount was tight and I was scared to press it in without messing anything up :nervous: so while I was there, I got some tips... It's supposed to be snug and WILL scratch up the Vapor housing (JUST A LITTLE) but it's a perfect fit! One thing is that the Vapor cables are VERY short to the connectors, wish they were longer (TRS has reached out to Trail Tech to manufacture these a little bit longer lol) They did hook me up with some braided loom to cover it up!
Fancy KN Brake arm from SSS also installed.
Would have got a lot more done but Fridays are for Taekwondo Sparring for my son 8)

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Got some work in yesterday.
Motor Mounted, Need to get (1) shorter bolt and a spacer for the shock bolt. (I put a spacer on the axle for the rear wheel and the shock is still very close to touching the tire) Still have to tighten everything up to be sure.
Stem & bars installed. First pic shows the bars uncut, in the other pics i cut 1" off each end.

Test fit the plastics, going to have to trim or bubble a little for the carb.

More plastics test fit to be sure everything still lined up. (Yes i am going to put that ruck fender back on there lol)

Cleaned up the gas tank!
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Moar Updates!
Drilled my bars for the controls and cleaned up the other side that I didn't get to the other day.
Although the bar lengths are even on both sides, the controls are not perfectly even, from center to one another, because I didn't take out the difference for the NCY bearing throttle kit. BUT, I did this on purpose to leave me room on the left side for a RAM mount or GoPro before the bend in the bars. Looks funny for now until i fill the gap.

Sorry about the low lighting pics, guess it's time for a phone upgrade lol :nerd:
Fender back on, had to do some notching in it to fit with the TRS Tree Cover (Still thinking of breaking down and getting the Grom kit)

Starting to look like a bike again! Going back to the rear to mock up the rear light assembly and start weaving the harness in and get to soldering for the new controls. Luckily the Ruckus controls utilize the same brake light switch colors & connectors so that's one thing out of the way lol. Just have to splice in the turns, horn, kill, & start switches.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

What do you have up your sleeve for a headlight? I personally never ride at night but my State Regulations require one.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/mopeds.html

I live in a rural suburbian town where crime is not too bad. Leaving the cops to fill their boring shifts with nothing better to do than give tickets to litterbugs and jaywalkers....they see a scooter buzzing by and its like waving a red cape in front a bull.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

What u doin for fuel guage? Or u just gonna eyeball um?
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Meatball wrote:What do you have up your sleeve for a headlight? I personally never ride at night but my State Regulations require one.
I don't drive at night either lol but here in FL is the same, have to have one. I leaning towards the new Trail Tech 70mm LED. I have to install the front basket and figure out where i want to mount it. Gearhart showed me how his 60mm is mounted but we will see.
Meloshameless wrote:What u doin for fuel guage? Or u just gonna eyeball um?
:shock: EYEBALLIN! Just going to get an average MPG and use the Vapor to gauge my trips. Just a weekend warrior/scoot meet kind of bike.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

R1Titan911 wrote:
Meatball wrote:What do you have up your sleeve for a headlight? I personally never ride at night but my State Regulations require one.
I don't drive at night either lol but here in FL is the same, have to have one. I leaning towards the new Trail Tech 70mm LED. I have to install the front basket and figure out where i want to mount it. Gearhart showed me how his 60mm is mounted but we will see.
Meloshameless wrote:What u doin for fuel guage? Or u just gonna eyeball um?
:shock: EYEBALLIN! Just going to get an average MPG and use the Vapor to gauge my trips. Just a weekend warrior/scoot meet kind of bike.
That weekend warrior bike idea is pretty mean
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

MrJumps wrote:That weekend warrior bike idea is pretty mean
Mean like abuse for letting her sit all week or mean like "Man that bike is MEAN lookin'". I can't interpret what kind of mean you're referencing lol
Trust me ill be riding her every chance I get even if its for just 15 mins when I get home from work :geekdance:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

R1Titan911 wrote:
MrJumps wrote:That weekend warrior bike idea is pretty mean
Mean like abuse for letting her sit all week or mean like "Man that bike is MEAN lookin'". I can't interpret what kind of mean you're referencing lol
Trust me ill be riding her every chance I get even if its for just 15 mins when I get home from work :geekdance:
it was a both mean lol
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

MrJumps wrote:it was a both mean lol
lol I hear ya! I just want to shut down some Groms & GY6 Rucks around town. Plus this thing is going to be A LOT easier to load in my truck to hit up some meets. Hèll it might even fit in the back seat haha!
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

R1Titan911 wrote:
MrJumps wrote:it was a both mean lol
lol I hear ya! I just want to shut down some Groms & GY6 Rucks around town. Plus this thing is going to be A LOT easier to load in my truck to hit up some meets. Hèll it might even fit in the back seat haha!

im in the same boat spreedio swaps are so nice for racing around but with their tiny tanks its pretty much impossible to daily where I live.