01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I gonna look into the ZX and when G9 opens back up I'm gonna have him try to dial in the bike. If that fails I'll have to make a change.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
S4Patrick
Elite
Elite

Post by S4Patrick »

Rip_City_Spree, great write-up and thank you for sharing all your experiences....

Wanted to know what your current setup is:

Pulley brand:
Roller weight:
Clutch brand:
Contra spring brand/ rate:
Final gear ratio (9.44:1?):
---

Carb brand:
Carb model # (PWK or ?):
Main jet:
Pilot jet:
Needle type/ code (JJK,JJN?):
Needle clip setting:

Thanks~!

~Patrick
'87 Aero 50 STOCK (only 350miles)
'87 Aero (AF16 Corsa-PG-Short-OKO24mm-8.44)
'86 Aero (AF16 Corsa-SEF Black-OKO21mm-8.44)
'98 Live Dio ZX - 50th Anniversary Edition 68cc
'92 Super Dio ZX - AF18 Corsa

Visit: http://www.airtoolsforless.com
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Thanks Patrick. My signature is up to date and to fill in the info not there. Rollers 3x5.5gs and 3x6gs running a 35pj(stock) and a 106 MJ in the 24mm polini with the clip(stock needle)in the middle. Using a yellow(malossi) contra but might need to go to a red. I need to replace my belt then continue CVT tuning. It runs well but have some throttle lag and still losing power at 9400 rpms going up hills. Stock pulley
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Been slacking a bit in my riding, it's been a busy couple of weeks. So I took her out today for a 40 mile around town ride. And dag gum I love these lil motors. Thing is wicked fast when it gets wound up. Doesn't care for half throttle slow speeds very much but when I can wind it up to about 45 and keep rpms up its a beast. My belt is toast I think and it still takes a bit of a wind up with the throttle but when it grabs it launches. With the 106 main I had no issues with my normally troublesome hill max temp today was 338 and I pushed the * out of it. One point up Hil I felt it accelerate up passed 55 and was still climbing and I had some left over. Had to pull out of it because of those d*** 4 wheeled obstacles but I was passing cars doing 45 easily up hill. I think the pg long is getting louder! Went through downtown and in the buildings it's unmissable ya know loud bikes save lives. Think I need to adjust my clip to richen the middle a bit. Think it needs some more fuel.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

RipCity boasts:
My belt is toast I think and it still takes a bit of a wind up with the throttle but when it grabs it launches.
If that is the case, consider replacing your belt sooner rather than later. It sounds like maybe your variator is acting like a second "clutch" against the belt, like vintage snowmobiles had. This is hard on the crank splines, and the variator rollers and the casting itself. The new belt should also address the lag issue.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Minus yesterday it hasn't been run since I noticed the belt was a little frayed on the edges. Haven't had time to make it over to G9s to get a new one. I don't plan on running again till I replace it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Installed new belt and expiremented with dropping the clip to richen it up as I felt it was a little lean in the middle. Throttle response is better but still got some lag. Seems to run better up to 3/4 throttle but then I got anywhere passed that. Temps were actually higher than 2 days when I ran it with the bad belt and clip in the middle. Might try jetting down my MJ just to see how it reacts my temps were fairly low before I moved the clip low 320s so I think I can lean out my MJ a bit. Even though I only had 3/4 throttle I still almost broke the 60mph mark.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.58 KiB) Viewed 5195 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Nice,isn't fine tuning fun. And isnt 60 mph on a scooter scary? When you don't ride them that often at those speeds little things become more noticeable.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yes 60 on Oregon roads in the spring is an adventure. And I am beginning to see that my fine tuning will never end. Kinda miss my contessa that thing I got lucky and nailed it first try and it was a killer red light to red light. But I'll keep at hoping I'll find my golden unicorn
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Moved my needle clip back to center position and rode it home. Temps are good but at WOT when I hit around 45 she stumbles the last time it happened I had a chance to hold it open to see what would happen @8200 rpms at 45 miles per out she just loses power and gets chuggy temps were under 300 but close. Didn't lose speed per se but didn't want to gain either just chugged along got kind of a flat note from the exhaust. :evil: :*: it's consistent got full throttle then it takes a *. @3/4 throttle speeds climb passed 45 but even that seems like it's struggling now. Thankfully it's gonna rain for a couple days and I won't have to think about it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:Yes 60 on Oregon roads in the spring is an adventure. And I am beginning to see that my fine tuning will never end. Kinda miss my contessa that thing I got lucky and nailed it first try and it was a killer red light to red light. But I'll keep at hoping I'll find my golden unicorn
How fast have you seen that hit on the gps?
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

60 but I don't really ride anywhere to be able to go faster. 60 on 45mph roads. Don't want any tickets. Most of my riding is in town. I know it's got more but haven't had the oppurtunity other than spring scoot and I wasn't using GPS. Was keeping up and passing the big boy vespas with ease. It'll 60 with ease though normally.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I was just curious with the gears you are running. Mime was doing ~65 with 8.4:1 gears and the tuning all out of whack. Ideally I'd like to be about 90mph when its all said and don't lol j/k, that would never happen although it would be cool.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I'm ok only going 60 as long as it gets there in a hurry. But as now something amiss. Think I need to put some heavier rollers in with my new belt.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Not laugh at your problems, but it is nice to see that I am not the only one dealing with them lol

Most of the speed limits around here are 45, but people tens to go faster. I just want to be able to keep up with traffic both cruzing and accelerating. I dont want to be that guy who is holding up traffic everytime the light turns green. I would think 60 or 65 would be totally acceptable to get whereever I need to get, as long as you said getting from 0-speed is quick.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~