01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

DeanP
Spree
Spree

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by DeanP »

If you find that quiet performance pipe,let me know too.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I'm not opposed to noise per se but I want to ride this summer and as I'll be leaving my house at 5:30am it makes the long unrealistic for daily riding. And if I have to lose a bit top speed I'm ok with it. Realistically anything over 60 is useless for me as this bike was intended for daily use with being able to take on the hills I needed to. I'm open to suggestions and willing to sacrifice the long the the R1 pipe to get it. Though it'll be harder to get rid of the R1. trust me G9 I'd love to have a Y16 just don't have cash right now 2 trips to Cali this summer coming up have killed my budget.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

What what! 68mph at 9600 rpm. And it's running like s***. I put in a 32 main because to get the 35mj to idle around 2000 rpms the screw was almost 2.5 turns out. It doesn't idle any better with the 32mj and its fluttery again just above 1/4 throttle. Will put the 35 back in and move the clip up. Couldn't believe it hit 68 though if I'd have had more of a run it might have hit 70 had to brake hard to get it to stop for a stop sign. Admittedly there was a very slight downhill to start the run but hot d***
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.42 KiB) Viewed 6614 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Nice!
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

So how's she running? Any other changes??
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

no changes havent been able to ride since sunday. I am going to put the 35 mj back in and see whats up. it was idling way to high with it which is why I changed it. it did run much better with the 35 mj in there just had the idle issue. I will put it in and lean out the clip to see if that helps. I hesitate to take the intake off as it is pain in the *. idle with the 35 in was around 2200 rpm with the screw almost 2.5 turns out!! with the 32 its worse and it doesnt come back to idle well at all. atleast with the 35 it was running smooth. just the high idle at that screw turn. it is for sure running to lean down low. but the top end is running great. G9 one of these day Id like to come over and hear the yasuni and pg long side by side and going down the road as a spectator to see exactly how loud the long really is. Ive never heard it not riding it. the wife if going out of town for 5 days on saturday so coming over any time soon isnt in the cards but when she gets back ill get out of the house. all of that being said even running like * down low once she opens up passed 1/2 throttle shes a beast. I was cruising the other night on the way home after the jet change at 50mph cruising at 3/4 throttle I could open it up and it had alot left over to jump the speed up easily. temps are a bit higher than Id like on long uphill pulls but its hasnt been over 375. it would keep climbing im sure but once it gets to 360-370 I let up slightly and the temps drop back down. this is on a 3 mile pull on a uphill road. on the major hill (barbur blvd for G9) its a freaking beast not gps to clock it but I could feel the gears start to vibrate like it does around55-60 and the speed was still climbing. this corsa has no lose off power on any hill that Ive found in portland so far. it will just pull its guts out and keep going.Ill take her out sunday with the 35mj in and do some cross town runs to N portland so Ill get a good idea whats happening. if its still acting wonky at idle maybe Ill pull the intake off and check the reeds. they have some mileage on them so it wouldnt hurt to do anyway.

@G9 no kidding what was I thinking.. stock pffft
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

got softball at 11 in deep north over by 1:30 i can try to swing by after that unless your wanna cruise up to faragut park and hang out watch some softball drink some beer and Bbq. always a good time to be had with my softball crew. either way my mom is gonna have the boys so Ill be free for awhile.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

so I changed out my pilot jet and put the 35 pj back in and dropped the clip one notch. and its probably the best it has run so far. so heres where I am at. 35 pj 108 mj clip moved up one spot. the idle is still around 22-2300 rpm at running temp with the screw a little over 2 full turns out which is a bit more than id like but the decelleration back to idle is smooth with no hang ups and or popping. throttle wise its crisp and a good strong pull all the way up to the speedo. cruising at 35 I can hold the trottle and not get any flutter. over all its running great, that being said once on my short trip (maybe 4 miles) going up a small hill I hit the throttle and it kinda lost power but once I let up and gave it throttle again it was fine. and it didnt happen again after that. I will know more come sunday when I take her for my 30+ miles trip across town.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

the scoot has been out of commission for a week or so I determined my fuel petcock was shot so I picked up a used one from G9 that was sitting around and got it working so I will be retuning so I can get to riding again. I do believe that alot of my recent tuning issues can be traced back to the shot petcock. so today I will be putting my scoot back together and hopefully riding today. been itching to ride and not riding for almost 2 weeks sucks.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Glad you found your probable cause.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

we shall see. bike is semi back together and it runs so thats good. going to check out the exhaust gasket and make sure everything is tight before I put plastics back on. I should be able to have her dialed in today. Ill ride it for a bit then I am going to try out a pipe that 1man has been so gracious to loan me. i will be doing a test to see how much power I lose with a quieter pipe on it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Which pipe?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

its a gianelli wild lion. but it seems my bad luck continues. noticed some oil build around my pipe and turns out to be a bit more than just a gasket or a loose bolt. and it seems with this bike if I didnt have bad luck Id have no luck at all. im 2 for 2 G9 though this happened long after the pipe was bolted on and used. not sure how but this is turning into my nemisis it would seem. i had the pipe and plastics off not that long ago just to check things and it wasnt broken. now that I think I rode the bike once or twice after I decided to get a new petcock just to burn some fuel off and I hit a hard bump on my way back on my last run and it started to act weird so not sure if some how it got cracked then or what so time to get all mcgyver on this corsa and see if I can get creative with a welder. or it might be time for a new BBK. ugh. well atleast the petcock is fixed.
Attachments
IMG_4701.JPG
IMG_4701.JPG (67.35 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow