01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by johnny248 »

Hahaha I love it!
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Thanks Hilarious! Great story!

So you went from a 102m to a 104m and it works better; thats great!
What was your pilot before the 34?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

it was a 32 and it idled like crap and was really hard to start. with the 34 it starts alot better and holds the idle alot better but it kinda sounds like a wet fart trying to take off till the rpms get up. the 104 lets me open it WOT without any loss of power and my temps were way low but didnt really get a good chance to push it to see. I might try a higher slow jet just to see what that does for me. not sure where this thing should idle but right now it holds around 1800 rpms which might be low Ill work it up a bit and see it that helps. but its night and day on my main jet the higher I go the better its getting dont know if I can go much higher but im gonna keep moving things around to see what happens. overall its sounds great and runs great once I get the clutch engaged.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

ha ha ha that was grate story you have there....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:it was a 32 and it idled like crap and was really hard to start. with the 34 it starts alot better and holds the idle alot better but it kinda sounds like a wet fart trying to take off till the rpms get up. the 104 lets me open it WOT without any loss of power and my temps were way low but didnt really get a good chance to push it to see. I might try a higher slow jet just to see what that does for me. not sure where this thing should idle but right now it holds around 1800 rpms which might be low Ill work it up a bit and see it that helps. but its night and day on my main jet the higher I go the better its getting dont know if I can go much higher but im gonna keep moving things around to see what happens. overall its sounds great and runs great once I get the clutch engaged.
At what rpm is your clutch engaging now? Might have to increase those springs to get into the correct rpm for power.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

it engages at 5k rpms dont think that the problem and I dont want to go any higher. the sputtering is being caused by the carb its just not in tune down low. once it engages it is fine think that either i need to go up one more on the jet or move the needle position which is still at center position. going to a scooter rally and ride on sunday and will run it around a bit and get her nice and warm and see if it is still doing it or if its just a cold temp issue.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

I like to keep a high idle for better take offs but it has a lot to do with what your clutch is set at. Mine are usually around 2200 rpm helps with the launch. Stock clutch prolly can't be set that high tho, all depends on your springs.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

johnny248 wrote:OK, so....

The original needle is Polini # 342.0111 which, while comparing it to the needles in your kit, is not included. However, here are the specs for it so you know what you started with. A,B,C,D,E which I would think your kit came with the cart, otherwise here is a link

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_p3420129

Polini 342.0111 PW24 Code

A= 2,47
B= 0,96
C= 21,80
D= 22,30
E= 6,6

I'm not enough of an expert to tell you how any of the differences between the original and the ones in your kit are going to make, but this is a reference so you can have an idea of what you started with.
Here's what came with my needles. Needless to say none of them match up.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.39 KiB) Viewed 5109 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I think I'm currently using JJK type will need to do some research and see what the different sections do. I have a site at work that describes that but I will try to track something down this weekend
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:
johnny248 wrote:OK, so....

The original needle is Polini # 342.0111 which, while comparing it to the needles in your kit, is not included. However, here are the specs for it so you know what you started with. A,B,C,D,E which I would think your kit came with the cart, otherwise here is a link

That JJK is similar, but a bit longer.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_p3420129

Polini 342.0111 PW24 Code

A= 2,47
B= 0,96
C= 21,80
D= 22,30
E= 6,6

I'm not enough of an expert to tell you how any of the differences between the original and the ones in your kit are going to make, but this is a reference so you can have an idea of what you started with.
Here's what came with my needles. Needless to say none of them match up.
Right. According to that kit, there are some other needles listed that are not included when looking at Polini documents. The first four for sure. And that very first one listed in the part number catalog is the one that came with your carb from the factory.

That JJK is similar, but a bit longer.

Last edited by johnny248 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Looking at those charts I'd say the one that can in the carb was shorter then all of the ones in your kit.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

It's possible. As I was burning through a tank of gas tonight, bike ran awesome truth be told temps I reached were 287 ran great top end when rpms and speed were up as I left off the throttle it became real brappy when back to idle well then got shaky till I got to 3/4 throttle then it ripped. Sounds a little tinny so I might be lean under 3/4 throttle but my next jet up us a 38 which I think seems high. Temps tell me it running rich enough when cruising. Will probably ride it like this tomorrow for the ride. And see what happens. Overall the bike rips and will cruise 50 easily and still have plenty left over. I do think I lost a little speed top end when I upjet yes but I runs great no let out of the trans uphills so I think is a good sign. Can't wait to ride it all day tomorrow and burn some fuel.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Can you not experiment with needle position or swap for a skinnier (richer) needle?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I can Wheel but I got a big ride today and I don't want to in and out of it just want to enjoy it. Temps are way low and it does haul *. I'm just trying to work out in my head if it's rich or lean down low. And mainly documenting the different symptoms more for my own knowledge. I tend to forget things. I don't want to change needles till I have time to deal with the changes it's gonna make.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Sounds like a fun ride I saw a post for it on Facebook. Have you moved your needle clip at all or is it still centered? Sorry to lazy to read back lol. Dropping the clip might help fine tune to get rid of your bottom end bogging. Have fun at the ride man!