sully's 86 spree build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

sully865
BMX
BMX

Re: sully's 86 spree build

Post by sully865 »

I had someone impact it on. it was the crank gear. I now have it running and think the throttle works. its spinning the belt but it wont go anywhere. even off the ground the wheel wont turn. I hope the spree throttle works in the aero carb, it looks way shorter on the needle side. Ill need to do more research to get it going. I want to ride so bad!
sully865
BMX
BMX

Post by sully865 »

got the starter and everything figured out. I've been able to hit 32 for my top speed so far , but today it would only do about ten uphill. I need to tune it better. I'm guessing it did 30 bexause the muffler came a little loose but then it started rattling so I pulled over not to burn it up. I think it's leaning out. its really sputtering but I was doin 25 easy at 1/4 throttle. it just bogs after more than 1/4 throttle. is this a carb issue?
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

You are running the pop cap for the restriction in the intake right? Because you diddnt have an air box. Did I remember that right lol? You may just need to open the holes one size at a time untill it goes properly. Or it could need smaller holes. A new plug and a plug chop may be the order of the day. A temp gauge would be super handy.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
sully865
BMX
BMX

Post by sully865 »

yeah it's been cut to match the original airbox hole. it does right around 35 like I suppose it should? it's a 1985 nb50.