The Ministroker!

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: The Ministroker!

Post by LMH »

Thats a stock photo of power reeds, just make sure its for the kx65 or rm 65 of any year.
Those metal fingers that break off are not the stoppers but the keepers, they keep the poor quality reed from staying open. Its a part that is going to be removed, and the stoppers will have to be cut down to a flat piece with the two bottom holes still there to help keep the new reeds in place. I wish I had a picture, I just moved onto the v forces because of the huge increase in flow area and quality of the reeds and block. Believe it or not the v force is a super important piece on my 13k rpm kymco engine. With out them I can only hit 11.8k.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Heres denniskirks page on them. I would go with the ssf 010 or ssc 010 if youre going for cheaper ones, the pro series comes with its own modified reed stopper.
https://www.denniskirk.com/boyesen/engi ... i-kx65.mmy
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Great info thanks! I have thought about using vforce just don't like the price tag. Btw LovemyHonda can you measure the OD of the malossi intake for me? And the carb boot. I have a PHBL25 and can't find any manis that fit it except that one. And it's expensive. Any ideas? I'll be running that on my MHR build.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

You'll find the malossi is what you need for the phbl 25 as there's not really any others made for the dio and dell 25mm. Keith or graphite can help you get it. It's not cheap and can use a clean up porting still. I like it a lot and would buy another.
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

graphite9 wrote:
curtis966 wrote:Great info thanks! I have thought about using vforce just don't like the price tag. Btw LovemyHonda can you measure the OD of the malossi intake for me? And the carb boot. I have a PHBL25 and can't find any manis that fit it except that one. And it's expensive. Any ideas? I'll be running that on my MHR build.

What's the Id of the carb for the e manifold boot.? I can get you a mani that works. I promise.
Idk I believe it's 28mm and from all the intakes I find are much smaller around 23mm or for the pwk/oko and are way bigger at 32mm. I've got no doubt you can find me one as always thanks for the help!! I'll shoot you a pm
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Well I plan on getting the bearings installed tomorrow and hopefully the crank as well. Planning to use the hot cold method with the bearings and I have the tusk crank puller for the crank it's self. Haven't used it yet. Any tricks or secrets to it or is it pretty straight forward? Also for the cases do I just use some motoseal1 or can I use a paper gasket? I had to use paper in my AF05 I haven't read different for the AF16. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. Thank guys!
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

No need for paper gasket on cases. Just use hondabond/yamabond or similar.

I build all my motors with hot method. With a heat gun. That's jus the way I do it. No need for puller.
Though I have built some motors where you have to use puller because of the way the crank seal goes in you would ruin the seal if you heat the cases. But not on these motors.

If you have the puller by all means use it.

Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Heat gun and frozen bearings and frozen crank. The newer style af16 does not use a gasket, looks like Keith just covered this. If you use the crank puller you run the risk of pulling them in crooked, by all means use it but use it after you have the crank seated and lined up with using the hot cold method. Another thing, after using the thermal method you should spray wd40 over them. The crank and bearings will sweat after and you want that water out of there asap.
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Been a busy week haven't made any progress. I will hopefully be able to get this bad boy assembled this weekend. The Aero is itching for a motor!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

You won't need to cut the reed stopper with those rneeds The come with the little metal bar to replace the reed stopper. Are those reeds for the ct intake? I have the 740 reeds in my aero 80 they are wicked.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

That pipe with no silencer is VERY loud.

Here is video of that very pipe.
Trafficjamz wrote:Image

Yeah its a beast :2thumbs:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Nice thanks traffic. I can't remember the member I bought that motor from but he said you built it and that he did a little more work to it after he got it from you. I'm not doubting it's loud at all I've been looking for a silencer found this polini one on eBay I might buy and bend. Did you ever mount the silencer from the video? Sounded like it helped a lot.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Use one from a dirt bike, I have several if you need one.
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Also once you get your bike up and running and somewhat tuned. If your not sick of tuning by then you can play around with the stinger length to try to find the sweet spot for your motor.

Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Been a busy week at work haven't got a lot of work done but I finally got to get at the boost port. She's all opened up and ready for the bearings and crank to be installed. Hopefully this weekend!!!!
One side
And two sides!
Open up for Tyler