86 Honda spree- Minarelli Corsa- updated page 1

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 86 Honda spree zuma swap SPRUMA

Post by LMH »

Check your kill switch, it sounds like it has a bad connection and is shorting out/killing spark.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I flicked the kill switch a few times and regained spark, however the bike is acting strange now, right before it hits the power it acts like it hits a wall and won't go any faster. My buddy swears it's electrical but I think it's fuel. I took the bowl of the carb and made sure my jets weren't clogged and it's still doing it >:( I bet it's something stupid like the zuma stator I swapped in. Something dumb that makes no sense. Why the f*** was I just riding it yesterday and get bombarded with problems. f***.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

The frustration grows, it like it's not revving out now. All I did was put a new plug in and swapped stators. I'm seriously considering trying my old stator with the broken pickup. This doesn't make sense
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I'm talking to myself but it's the stator. For some reason a zuma stator doesn't like the spree wiring. Old stator with a broken pickup works oddly enough
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I have a 01 jog stator, pick up, fly wheel, and stock cdi I can sell you but it sounds like you have enough spare parts. Fwiw you can try just disconnecting the black with white striped wire/kill switch wire and see how she reacts before swapping more stuff. It sounds like a grounded out kill switch to me.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I stole another Chinese stator out of a buddies motor. I don't know what it's doing it's cutting out throughout the powerband like it's really lean or it's not getting a good spark. I went up to a 95 main and swapped back in the champion plug and no change. I have to hold it at like half throttle while accelerating to minimize the cutting out and even then it does it. It's not like it's bogging out and losing power, the power is certainly there it just cuts out and is not smooth or consistent at all.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

im also using a two wire 4t style coil instead of the 1 wire 2t style. I don't see how that could be the issue though when it was fine yesterday
jareeb
BMX
BMX

Post by jareeb »

hothatch85 wrote:The frustration grows, it like it's not revving out now. All I did was put a new plug in and swapped stators. I'm seriously considering trying my old stator with the broken pickup. This doesn't make sense
could be an a/c stator that will make it run but act like it has no power.
1985 spree 40qmb swapped w/bbk (in the works)
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Just trying to take away all the other variables in my head. If it ran like a dream Friday night and now all of a sudden cuts out on acceleration then I'm thinking, possible ground issue, bad coil, electrical issue, air leak from cylinder/intake/somewhere.

Another thing is Friday and saturday it was 85 degrees out and yesterday it was 55 so maybe outside temp? Not sure how much it affects 2ts
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Sounds like you're just a tad too rich up top, but it could also be caused from poor spark for sure. I'd remove that kill switch wire and see how it runs.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

it could be kill switch related too. i let my sisters boyfriend ride it and when he came back he flipped the kill switch in the up off and if i ever use the kill switch i flip it down and off, ever since then it hasnt ran for s***...it very well could be the switch trying to ground out
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i stopped at the shop on my lunch and disconnected that kill wire. its pouring ran here but i fired it up and did some revs and a burnout. no way to tell if the cutting out is fixed till i ride it though. im really hoping it was just that wire. which would make sense if its grounding out while accelerating that would cause the cutting out.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

graphite9 wrote:Triple check the wiring lmh mentioned. I had a gy6 ruck with a very similar issue. Turned out to be a bad ground. I tore that bike apart
I had this same kind of issue with my dio motor in my spree. Bad ground. Near tore my hair out. Felt uber rich.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Not the kill wire, I honestly don't know what's goin on. I retract my cutting out acceleration statement it's more like hitting rev limiter as soon as I hit the power. It's sooooooo frustrating
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I'm pointing my finger at the cdi, for the reasons that this cutting out seems to gradually be getting worse to the point to now it feels like rev limiter and not just cutting out. I beleive the cdi lost some juice and the rev limiter dropped. But I have a good feeling when the new one gets here it won't change anything. I don't think I have a ground issue after checking with a ohm meter. It's seriously all I can think of. It's the only thing I haven't changed