Honda Aero

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Honda Aero

Post by hothatch85 »

an old player made its way into my hands last night. this bike has already been stretched and hard tailed. the exhaust has been "reworked"

plans for this thing, get the old af05 running the best that i can get it. ill probably just get the trans dialed the best i can and get a el cheapo 2t pipe off ebay and weld it to fit and just enjoy it as is.

currently have 5.6 gram rollers installed. torque improved greatly but i lost some top end. only seeing around 35mph. vs 40mph i was seeing with the extremely wore down stock ruckus rollers that were in it....

slammed the front end. i just chopped the springs in half and reinstalled. still has a little cushion.

gonna work on building a semi "Mild" AF16 for this. i dont need to do 70mph on this bike...once finished the af05 will make its way onto the retired spree frame.

first pic is pre lowering of the front, this was before i cleaned it up. she was a dirty girl.

this will be a fun one :ndance:
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Re: Honda Aero

Post by curtis966 »

That's a early aero they are sweet. Should have a ab07 motor not af05 but they are peppy motors and have tall gearing installed so if you can get the rpms up you can prolly see some decent speed out of it.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Thanks for the correction! I love this thing. It's in pretty alright shape still for the age :)
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

rode the aero to work on my lunch break. wow shes slow. fastest i could go on flats is 26mph. gonna bump up to some 6.9 gram polini weights i have somewhere and see how that does. i really dont miss riding a slow scooter thats for sure.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i think im bailing on my mild build plan, thats just not me or my style.

been thinking hard about the motor build for this. thought about MHR and corsa as well as swapping my 85cc fm kit onto this bike but now im thinking something more watercooled. i can already in vision the radiator poking out the front cowl. hehehehe

dio block paid for, more to come :drama:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Anything new? Loving this bike, looks awesome.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

How bigs that stretch?
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I ended up just flipping this. I think it was a 10-11" stretch. I didn't have the time or funds to get it where I wanted it unfortunately