Building my first 72cc

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Building my first 72cc

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Ok I've been riding for a while now so familiar with most parts. I only know how to do the basic bolt on and go. I now want to take it to the next level and learn what does what. I need help understanding what parts do so I can figure out the setup I want for my ride style and liking. My main questions are to start off with are what will heavier or lighter clutch do? What will stiffer or less stiff clutch springs do? What will stiffer or less stiff center spring do? What will heavier or lighter weights do? I just don't know how they all go together to get what results.. Just don't know how to combine weights and springs because don't know how they work. I have more in detail questions later but need to start off with understanding these few things. I also want to learn how to port but don't know where to start with that also? Can I get a polini corsa and measure and mark block intake ports and port it same size to bore? Same angles as stock just bigger ports to match bore? Where do I start? I know this all won't come to me by just telling me it will come with experience but that's why I want to learn and practice maybe on stock bores so I don't mess up a $200+ bore. Well hope I can get some good feedback, heard good things about this forums. Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you guys soon.
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Re: Building my first 72cc

Post by GuavaJam »

Lot of those questions have been addressed by the many 72 builders on here, but im sure ppl will chime in here and there. Try searching forum for answers.
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I will do some research on these forums. I have a better idea how it works. Still got lots of questions to be answered. I do know it comes with experience and trial and error so I don't expect to know right away. I will be reading up on the basics to start with. So should I leave the ports on the corsa alone so I don't mess it up? What if I port the block intake ports to match the size of the corsa ports?
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

He is speaking the truth!! :imo:
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

My corsa no porting just hit 68mph last week.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

^ this guy. See it's very obvious.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Codenam47? What's up? Do you need some help? Are you troubled? We can talk before you go all nuts and shoot up a movie theater.
You joined the site two months ago and here you are with all this negativity??? yikes :*:
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

codename47 wrote:
TinyElvis wrote:Codenam47? What's up? Do you need some help? Are you troubled? We can talk before you go all nuts and shoot up a movie theater.
You joined the site two months ago and here you are with all this negativity??? yikes :*:
is this a joke or something? i dont find it funny.

graphite9 i dont listen to you anyway.

55mph was my statement as a possibility, since yamaha its possible on a stock motor. your gearing chart is off as a stock elite variator is restricted by the rmap plate like i said.
FYI it takes a lot more work for a stock yamaha to reach 45 than you think, every single day at the shop I work on Italian minas that produce more power than a Yamaha version and getting them to 45 is a chore. It is impossible for a stock af16 with only a ramp plate to reach 55. Unless you're going down hill with a tail wind and a lot of luck that you don't over rev and lock up your stock engine. I do have a lot more experience than vast majority of people on here with a stock yamaha 3kj and a stock honda af16. A lot more experience.
motormike

Post by motormike »

codename47 has been warned to stop the attacks.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Ban Hammer!
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Pull up the padded van. This dude is crazy! Maybe he should think, just once, that he might not know everything. And he's horse s*** at an argument. :hi:
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Very long posts just for argument's sake are not yet banworthy, but are getting on my last nerve, Trains. Try Twitter format.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

He has a detailed account of what he's done and it's done very well. Cruisingriot is an asset to the community. We all have our own way of doing things, maybe some are better at it than others and we should all get what ever we can from the good what may be.
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Lol wow my first few days here and drama already. Interesting. I've noticed already, pick and choose who I take help from. I'm going to use it for once in a while cruise around and once in a while stuntin because I love to stunt. Won't be a daily like I use to when I rode before. Just don't have "the crew" to ride daily anymore. But I have a setup I may want to try, I need some feedback on what you guys think about it. Remember I'm just learning the fine tuning and how the trans and everything works so don't throw so much negative my way if this is bad in just testing. Was a bolt on and go person.

What you think about this setup

72 polini corsa bore
24 polini or 28 keihin carb
Scorpion pipe
Malossi yellow center spring
6g weights
Polini clutch spring
Kelly pulley and ramp
8:4 gearing
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Lol wow my first few days here and drama already. Interesting. I've noticed already, pick and choose who I take help from. I'm going to use it for once in a while cruise around and once in a while stuntin because I love to stunt. Won't be a daily like I use to when I rode before. Just don't have "the crew" to ride daily anymore. But I have a setup I may want to try, I need some feedback on what you guys think about it. Remember I'm just learning the fine tuning and how the trans and everything works so don't throw so much negative my way if this is bad in just testing. Was a bolt on and go person.

What you think about this setup

72 polini corsa bore
24 polini or 28 keihin carb
Scorpion pipe
Malossi yellow center spring
6g weights
Polini clutch spring
Kelly pulley and ramp
8:4 gearing