New Builds and Rebuilds

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Dakine
Elite
Elite

Re: New Builds and Rebuilds

Post by Dakine »

Man I cant wait till I see a Box on my steps, I mean in my Garage thats for me and from ScooterSwapShop... So its actually been pouring like crazy here, Flood warnings off da ying yang lol. Havent had the time honestly.. BUT TOMORROW Rain will not stop me I have to much things coming in and need to consolidate. Which means I need to d*** well start puttin things together lol..
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

So I had a couple minutes to work on the Sa50 So I took off the carb and yes everything was fine once again until I saw a gunk of sediment at the bottom and near the jets. When I took off everything jets where clean and ready to go.

I really hope this is the problem. Im gonna take the top part of the Ct Chrome Manifold off and see if sediment is stopping the Reeds. But We Shall see.. Any other ideas?

Bare in mind the gunk at the bottom of the case is only 1/4th of the gunk left lol, I was cleaning it and remembered you guys wanred pics.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

For Some reason my gas looks really dark yellow. When i pour some of it out from the gas tank itself it feels really oily..

My Ratio is 32:1 I Use Motul 800. What I think could be happening is when my bike was sitting out for a few months and it had A Leak and all my gas would leak out, I dont think all the oil would come out.

So I refilled the tank maybe twice while it was just sitting just because Every week I would turn the bike on just to make sure it ran and would stay in tip top shape. basically so the cylinder would stay good lol.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Just got some parts. I Did not know Polini Made A 26mm Carb For Dio.
I Honestly Thought I Got Ripped Off When I opened Up this brand new Corsa. Ive purchased 2-3 Corsas in the past 1-2 years.. All The new ones ive purchased I swear had a BLack Colored Head and the inside of the exhaust port was black and had a rough finish which is why it needed to be cleaned up besides the fact of needing to port it.
This Bore Had A Silver/Gunmetal Head and The Inside Of The Exhaust Port is A Raw Metal Finish with the Black "SP" Stamp on the side.
I Swear this was the way the old Corsas Where...

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Nope you're wrong on both.
Polini never ever had a black head and the exhaust port has always been hand finished with the initials of the porter stamped in it. You must not have been through many corsas. Or had been ripped off on all of them because only the contessa has an un finished exhaust port. Neither had ever came with a painted head.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

1man8scoots. I've actually been through many.. They've All Had Sp Stamped In The Exhaust Port. I Possibly Could be confusing The Colors Of The Bore With The Head.

I've looked it up and theres also other guys not from hawaii that have gotten A Corsa that had an unfinished Exhaust Port,which was super rough..

His Bore Was Actually Black In Color with Silver Head, Did Have Sp Stamped in the Exhaust Port.. I Dont Know IF I should be posting up another scooter forums but Look on scooter invasion.. He Also thought he got scammed and got the wrong bore , But Checked all Ports and Even Made A Map To Show that It was A Corsa. .

I Honestly Dont Know If I Could Spot the Difference, I've Only Had Corsas, and MHR Aluminums,1 taiwan 66cc,1 taiwan 82cc, and 1 82cc Fabrizi..
I was actually debating on wether or not to get an Aluminum On this current build because Of the Malossi Crank. I Was thinking Malossi Bore and Malossi Crank lol , like that has to be the best Bore for that crank if I tune it right. Why would Malossi Make A Crank for it to run better with other bores from a different brand? But then the deal popped up for the New Corsa Bore So that changed my mind really quick haha..

So I was Looking through, More like Rummaging through my tools and parts. I was actually trying to find Certain files/bits to help me chamfer some ports,and I Found this Polini Head. Im going to clean off all the Carbon and dirt and dust and see how bad the detonation craters are lol.

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Sp is just one of them. If it's not shiny exhaust port with a stamp it's not a true corsa. Polini would never allow it to leave the factory. It's seen by 3 people before it's boxed to ensure quality. Pinasco has 4 qc stops before boxing just to one up polini.
Currently I'm running 2 fabrizi 81.25 cc bores, 3 corsas, 2 malossi cast irons, 1 mhr, 1 68cc malossi cast, and soon a 44.4 mini stroked corsa and a 50mm stroked 51mm bore. Along with the 16 other yamaha, aprilia, kawasaki, honda, and suzuki engines that I personally run and I've stroked and ported.
I should start stamping my initials in the ex port rather than scribing the top of the bore. The difference between stock ports and my port work is insane and I amaze myself often.
Word of advice on that head, scrap it.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

1man8scoots wrote:Nope you're wrong on both.
Polini never ever had a black head and the exhaust port has always been hand finished with the initials of the porter stamped in it. You must not have been through many corsas. Or had been ripped off on all of them because only the contessa has an un finished exhaust port. Neither had ever came with a painted head.
?????
black polini head 2 copy.jpg
black polini head 2 copy.jpg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 5843 times
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Wow I may stand corrected. What's the part number on that kit bones?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

1man8scoots wrote:Wow I may stand corrected. What's the part number on that kit bones?
I don't know. Ask Yan...... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14941&start=15#p177843
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Lol you seriously dont think that head can be saved?

IS that malossi Cast Iron 68cc For Dio? Ive been looking for the MHR ALuminum 66/68cc for Dio for years.. Everyone tells me its been out of production for years and this and that but so where the malossi cranks for dio lol..

Finally someone came to my aid with a picture of the black head corsas lol
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

1man8scoots wrote:Wow I may stand corrected. What's the part number on that kit bones?
news to me too.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Awww Shnap.. Scooter Swap Shop To The Rescue!! So the Motor You See Down Here is the Af16e with Malossi Crank.. This is the motor that will be going onto my Honda Sa50 Elite S.