AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Great googly moogly! I should HOPE you did something about that Pigsty of a workshop. And I think I See a speck of dust on your belt cover.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

LOL Thanks Wheel :hi:

Gear Oil Leak Test Take 2: Got her all apart and dabbed some hondabond all around, so far so good.

Shroud hole trimmed for the spark plug and boot fits good.
Test fit the Arrow and just had to trim the mounting bolt and the exhaust flange studs a hair so they wouldn't bottom out. (Corsa studs were about 1/4" long and the Arrow hanger bolt was about 1/2" long)
Now just waiting on the shroud scoop so i can paint the plastics and get her mounted.
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Very nice clean build!!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Thanks!
Back up to the front to work on the turning radius issue. Here is what i plan to cut out to increase my "stop-to-stop". Going to try not to take out too much meat as that's my BASKET BRACKET! :rock: Then to see how much of the leg shields i need to notch out.

Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

On my sprees I actually ran a bolt right threw the middle of that piece of steel you wanna cut. Then trimmed a little off the triple so it misses that and hits the bolt. It gives you near stock turning radius.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Ohh i see, shorten my triple posts so it goes under the horn cover bracket. Be way easier that way!

THANKS GEAR! :2thumbs:

Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Yes exactly! I would post a pic but the spree's are in the back corner of the garage tucked away right now.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Swung by The Ruck Shop today and picked up some goods :naughty:

TRS Drum adapter for NCY/RRGS Forks
TRS Shorty 39" Front Brake Cable
TRS Front Stem/Vapor Mount (Not shown, they have a batch getting annodized and will ship it to me)
NCY Needle Bearing Quick Throttle Kit
NCY Ruckus Axle Bolt
NCY Front & Rear Brake Shoes
Password JDM Ruckus Gas Cap (TRS is discontinuing PWDJDM and hooked me up with this version 1 cap. It Fits the spree cap & has clearance with the seat down :mrgreen: )
FREE SWAG: TRS Hater Shirt, TRS Shades (YOU DA MAN RYAN!)

Just waiting on my NCY slammed forks and Drag Bars from SSS and this front will be almost done. Just need to get a light and a few more cosmetic things like wheel spools, KN brake cam, and fancy takagawa brake adjuster nuts.

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Misc. Updates:

Rewind back to when i had binding issues. You can see where that thin metal washer was rubbing...

Shroud Trimming & Boot Fitment

WE HAVE CLEARANCE CLARANCE! Just gota stuff a bolt in there for a new stop point and notch the legs out :nervous: (as much as i hate to cut into the rare blue plastics...) Thanks GEARHART :love: (nohomo)
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I'm helping my buddy disk brake and af16 swap his Kriti blue 87' spree. Both me and him are super nervous about cutting up the plastics cause if you mess up you can't buy more. Ha oh well on the chopping block it goes
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

graphite9 wrote:i have your scoop need anything else to go you with it?>
Actually yes, i'm placing the order now...and them EVO pilot jets if their in yet...
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Got some goods in today from G9. Swear the parts were still cold from the Oregon air :eyeroll:
NCY Slammed Forks
NCY Drag Bars

So these "SLAMMED" legs compared to the stock ruck forks they arnt so "SLAMMED" :imo: lol. I guess this is normal but i was expecting a 2" difference...

Brakes DONE!

TRS Drum adapter took some shaving to get it to fit properly. The tab that goes into the drum was slightly clocked wrong. Nothing a METABO cant fix.

Suprisingly the Ruck Fender fits & clears lol. I just stuck it on there for the hèll of it. Little high but i like it for now until i float it. Makes me think about getting that grom fender kit on there even more lol.

Few more cosmetic goods coming in from SSS. Have to return the NCY front axle bolt... Got the GY6 one and didn't notice.
Going to cut the NCY drag bars down about an inch on each side. Polish the Ruck controls and hopefully get to wiring soon.. :nervous:
Last edited by R1Titan911 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Can you elaborate on that Drum Adapter a bit? Where to buy-What grinding needs to be done-etc....thx
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Meatball wrote:Can you elaborate on that Drum Adapter a bit? Where to buy-What grinding needs to be done-etc....thx
Can be bought here http://shop.theruckshop.com/TRS-RRGS-NC ... RUMADP.htm I think steady garage has them too but TRS is local for me.
Now i didnt take a pic of the adapter but you can see up in my stock Ruck forks there is a TAB on the fork that slides into the drum slot. This adapter just mounts on the forks like a caliper bracket would but just has that tab on it. It fit in there snug, it was not parallel to the fork, my axle hole from fork to drum was just a gnats hair off.
My marked up photo is a little exaggerated lol but you can see that the tab was slightly at an angle causing my axle holes to mis-align. i just ground the tab a hair to square it back up.

Planet Ruckus actually had an installation vid a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqksKfu1tac

Now that i think of it i probably didnt have to grind the paint off to get it to fit because i had already torqued down the adapter to the forks in which i should have left loose.
Assembly 101 LEAVE EVERYTHING LOOSE UNTIL EVERYTHING IS TOGETHER.
i know this rule but ill use the hang over and "boo's while building" excuse this time... :nerd: But tis holding tru to the word "CUSTOM" :ndance:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Dude, your explanations are crystal clear. I love the graphics along with it. So you just had to shave/grind the tab on the adapter a bit so your axle would push through.

Reason I ask is because I just swapped a Met tree onto my Elite and wanted to change out the Met legs to something better. However, I don't have the cash at the moment to go disk brakes so I want to run the drum for now. Thanks for the info! :2thumbs:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.