Need help identifying 87 SE50 carb gaskets from kit

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

lymbic
Noob
Noob

Need help identifying 87 SE50 carb gaskets from kit

Post by lymbic »

https://imgur.com/a/GQatqif

Float bowl gasket is obvious. The one at the bottom left of the float bowl gasket looks like throttle/carb gasket.

I think the gasket on the bottom right is float drain screw gasket. One at the top might be auto bypass gasket.

I really don’t know what the smallest one in the Honda bag labeled “A” is. Air/fuel mixture screw gasket? If that’s it I’m confused because I didn’t have this or the little washer that usually comes out with the air fuel screw in my carb.

Any thoughts?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Need help identifying 87 SE50 carb gaskets from kit

Post by Meatball »

Typically, when you install the screw, it looks like the picture. Spring, washer and finally the o-ring. Then when you remove the screw...the washer and o-ring tend to stay behind being stuck in the carb. This is fine until some numbnutts that dont know they exist try to clean the carb without first removing these pieces. Once compressed air is blasted through the carb, these pieces go shooting across the room, never to be found again.

Take a peek inside the hole. You MAY get lucky and theyre still in there. What you see may be the little washer with the o-ring hiding behind it so it might “look” like nothing is in there. Look closely and maybe root around with a toothpick to be certain.
Attachments
D20F12FC-CFE8-492A-884B-D5E09DCD7D45.jpeg
D20F12FC-CFE8-492A-884B-D5E09DCD7D45.jpeg (161.31 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
Last edited by Meatball on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Also, the paper thin ring about the size of a dime may be the bystarter o-ring. The throttle cap gasket is thicker. I dont recall if this kit has the ring that goes on the intake side groove of the carb. Also check the needle tip on the bystarter since different variations of those had a tiny rubber gasket as well....however, those are typically a flat rubber washer rather than an o-ring.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
lymbic
Noob
Noob

Post by lymbic »

Meatball, thank you for the information. The washer and gasket on the air/fuel screw were not there to begin with. Luckily I found one lying around from another bike that seems to fit perfect. Time for reassembly