Dio af18 project🔥

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Dio af18 project🔥

Post by Meatball »

I know the Corsa and it loses steam after 10k without extensive port work. Spin it high as you want with 3g rollers but you wont get the top end speed. Great for popping wheelies and getting a nice slingshot effect off the starting line…then it will fall on its face since the variator only opens halfway. Ive found the best way to utilize the Corsa powerband is to get an adjustable clutch and engage about 6k, no less. Full send should top out between 10k-11k. Below 6k and above 11k the Corsa doesnt have much push.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
zapperaf28
BMX
BMX

Post by zapperaf28 »

Meatball wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 am I know the Corsa and it loses steam after 10k without extensive port work. Spin it high as you want with 3g rollers but you wont get the top end speed. Great for popping wheelies and getting a nice slingshot effect off the starting line…then it will fall on its face since the variator only opens halfway. Ive found the best way to utilize the Corsa powerband is to get an adjustable clutch and engage about 6k, no less. Full send should top out between 10k-11k. Below 6k and above 11k the Corsa doesnt have much push.
Okay thank you lots i will put ur advice into use✌️
zapperaf28
BMX
BMX

Post by zapperaf28 »

Meatball wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:28 am I know the Corsa and it loses steam after 10k without extensive port work. Spin it high as you want with 3g rollers but you wont get the top end speed. Great for popping wheelies and getting a nice slingshot effect off the starting line…then it will fall on its face since the variator only opens halfway. Ive found the best way to utilize the Corsa powerband is to get an adjustable clutch and engage about 6k, no less. Full send should top out between 10k-11k. Below 6k and above 11k the Corsa doesnt have much push.
So i ran 3.5 as its the only way i could get into the powerband but still the bike isnt revving more than 10100 rpm and it doesnt even have a good top speed. Im starting to debate going to smaller gears im running 17-41 now what should i do?? I thought the corsa was strong enough to push these
zapperaf28
BMX
BMX

Post by zapperaf28 »

Hello again, i found the sweet spot with the rollers at the end it was 3g and the thing flew. As i was riding the belt snapped and i also found out that the splines on the crank got stripped :cry: . Mind you this is the small spline af18 and i need a new crank. Anyone knows where i can get one? I looked everywhere and i cant find anything for the small spline af18 ,Im en EU. Thanks