son of a bleep

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

linzospree84
Noob
Noob

son of a bleep

Post by linzospree84 »

Ok i just installed a new piston and rings in my 84 spree, everything was done properly, and istalled properly, compression is ok, but my spree will still not start, the plug is dry after i try to start it, does this mean its not getting fuel? do i need to rebuild the carb? i am putting a new petcokc valve on tomorrow, after this if it does not start what should i do? I am getting ready to scrap this thing cuz its very frustrating....any thoughts?
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: son of a bleep

Post by odinxxix »

was it getting fuel before? after the petcock change go ahead and clean the carb so clean you can eat from it. then clean it again. check the float and needle valve make sure that they are functioning properly. was there fuel in the bowl during your start up? go through everything possible. oh and ive done this and had a good laugh but did you fill the tank? i did the same as you and never filled the tank. just throwing it out there man.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Disconnect the hose from the petcock. blow into it ,may jar it loose and give you flow
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

martynkim wrote:Disconnect the hose from the petcock. blow into it ,may jar it loose and give you flow
Be careful blowing into the fuel line unless you dont mind a mouthful of gasoline :oops:
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

if your hoses are clogged, you can pick up new ones for a couple of dollars(i replaced one of mine).
if your carb is getting fuel, but plug is dry, this means your carb is clogged.
if the carb is not getting fuel, its your petcock or possibly clogged fuel filter(its inside the tank and hard to get out w/o breaking it.)
you can get an inline filter for about $3-5 if you want as well.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80