1986 Spree Problem

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

raceluigi
Noob
Noob

1986 Spree Problem

Post by raceluigi »

Hi, I have an 1986 Spree, when i go to start it will not start( i hear it trying but due to the non working stater it has the chance of the battery dying on me), after playing with it for a few minutes and a few sprays of starting fluid to the air filter it'll start.
I also noticed when i jumped it off a car it started up allot faster,
Soon i hope to get a stater to help the battery
some of my ideas of the problem were the petcock, any other things i can do or check to see why it might be working... im slightly worried i got taken on this job =/

im willing to answer any questions i just really would like to use it this coming summer

thanks people :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
[X] Make a check box =)
[ ] Have 50 posts
[ ] Have 100 posts
~oreos, spree, maplestory,fun, friends, family & god~
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: 1986 Spree Problem

Post by mousewheels »

I'm cannot tell the history of this scooter. If its new to you or stored for a year or more a good carb cleaning is usually all the scooter needs.

For petcock and carb info see the Wiki which the site owner noiseguy has recently brought up http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... al_Section

If it needs a prime (the starter fluid) but runs great after starting, check out the little orifice in the carb bowl which leads to a small diameter well. That's a fuel source for a small 'prime' the start up circuit uses. This is part of the bystarter cicuit used for cold start and 'fast idle' as the bike warms up. There's also info on that in the Wiki under 'bystarter'