Worn Belt or Worn Clutch shoes?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Worn Belt or Worn Clutch shoes?

Post by mustangwagz »

Well, since i legalized the scoot, i been ridin it round. check out what it'll do...Deff not the speed limit, thats for sure. lol Doesnt like hills either, tends to die on em, gota use flinstone power on some. Think its from my belt or the clutch shoes just beat? i know the belt is beat! i gota go tuesday and order one. Hopin it'll help with the uphill power.

Also, after i got done playin around, i changed my tire. *NEW ONE!!* i put a 80/90-10 on it that i got from local scooter shop. Clears no problem, didnt have any issues either. BUT, it didnt help my top end speed according to speedo? I recall martynkim stating thats any easy way to gain 5 mph? no big deal, it was due for a tire anyhow. just curious? Could this be from my drivebelt/clutch shoes issue?
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Worn Belt or Worn Clutch shoes?

Post by martynkim »

Ok as for the tire. Is it on the rear? Are both tires at maximum air pressure? Sprees are s-l-o-w. especially at take off. I got a gain on a long stretch of flat road. Not really a huge difference but, a difference. Drive belt can be an issue what is your current top speed? I got 27 bone stock 32 with a 3 X 10 tire. BBK coming soon. Have you downloaded the manual? Also, what size tire did you take off the bike?
Last edited by martynkim on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

just check for broken clutch springs. clutch grab on idle not freewheel.

Just buy new shoes, rubber bushing and springs.
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

yah i got the manual before i even made an account. lol :-D i'm gettin 30 just as i did before i swapped tires. also, i did notice belt is worn alot so thats why i'm thinkin its the belt. i got a spare set of calipers at work that imma bring home to measure belt and clutch shoes.

So what your sayin vdub is at an idle, it shouldnt freewheel when its at an idle? with rear tire in air or what?
so belt, shoes, bushings and springs eh?

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
05 vinson
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

wrong
Last edited by fightingplankton on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

That's what this forum is about opinions and experiences. This is what we share to help others. Plankton tell me more about the washer thing.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Plankton tell me more about the washer thing.
Ditto..whats up with the washer?

ill start with a belt i imagine,seeing as its cheaper than shoes springs and bushings.

05 vinson
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

wrong
Last edited by fightingplankton on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Imma try the belt first...then..ill move onto washers.. i got access to just about every kinda machining equipment imaginable. If it comes down to it..ill surface grind to the thickness i want! lol Ill let ya know about the belt thing..

05 vinson
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

wrong
Last edited by fightingplankton on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

didnt get to check belt tonight, been busy workin on my womans camry..* oil leak. Replaced every seal on the face of the motor to find out it was the oil pump o ring itself. :blah: FUUUUDDDDGGGGEEEEE!!!! :blah: so i tore it apart and replaced it. tomorrow ill get it back together, and down off the *-Stands. now i gotta puddle in my garage.....burnouts with the spree???..lol break in that NEW Tire i just put on! Muhahahahahah!! :thumbwink:

05 vinson
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Ordered new belt today..

just pulled yota outta garage too so onto better things! lol

05 vinson
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

mustangwagz wrote: i changed my tire. *NEW ONE!!* i put a 80/90-10 on it that i got from local scooter shop. Clears no problem,
I changed my Spree tires from bald 2.50-10's to new 2.75-10's. Huge improvement! The front one fit OK, but I had to grind out 1/4" of one side of the center-stand that was rubbing the rear tire. Otherwise the rear fit OK. But I only gained a little on the top end (now 45kph/28mph). It's probably wasted money because my Spree has over 16,000km and it's a bit of a beater. But it sure rides nice on its new tires.
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

still waitin on belt..crossin fingers for 2marrow!

been * with the rump roaster past couple days. finally found me a NOS rupp parts dealer!!

05 vinson
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

New belt is ON like donkey kong!! pumpin out 35 mph today..only 40 degrees out. got some sleet balls flyin around and there i am playin on the scooter. Not sure wether its due to the cold weather or due to the new belt and bigger tire, but it was a turd today..worse than usual. lol time to get ahold of our buddy Taz!! :-D

He suggested waitin till the 48 mm kit comes out but i dunno that i can? lol i'm impatient!

05 vinson