Stuck Vacuum Petcock Freed

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

RZRob
Goped
Goped

Stuck Vacuum Petcock Freed

Post by RZRob »

So on this piece of ancient history known as a dormant '85 Spree the vacuum petcock wasn't working. After removing it, I blew (with the pressure from my mouth only) in each of the outlets. Seeing neither was clear I presumed the diaphragm was probably good, but stuck. I sucked really hard on the vacuum port and suddenly heard a pop. Then I sucked/blew/sucked/blew (no comments please) and could hear the diaphragm moving. I put it back on the tank and Viola. The petcock now works fine.

BTW, I was going to put the petcock from my '86 basket case on and noticed the '86 has a slightly larger diameter threaded section (not interchangeable).

RZ Rob
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Stuck Vacuum Petcock Freed

Post by odinxxix »

yea but i think you could have just swapped the gas tank, something to keep in mind
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Stuck Vacuum Petcock Freed

Post by mousewheels »

Well done RZRob! Getting your petcock unstuck however the means is good and bumping the petcock thread difference yet another obstacle. If you like - check out our developing Spree differences thread. If you want info, or like here are contributing info, we're interested! Since you own both an early and late Spree your experiences are valuable.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13884

Also, if the petcock battle got you curious, member Clivester did a nice set of tear down photos and graphics of the petcock.
http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... nd_Anatomy