honda elite 1995 50cc doesnt run anymore

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

honda elite 1995 50cc doesnt run anymore

Post by Pierce ramsay »

1995 hond elite no longer runs i took th cover off of where the belt goes and now the kick starter is loose and just goes up and down until you give it a nice hard kick then she starts but smokes like a mother and the electric start no longer runs as well it isnt catching/expanding to reach the bigger gear to fire her up was running great until then please help i love her to death and just want her to run right again and when she does run the kick starter wants to go down and it makes a weird clicking/pop.... was running about 32mph on the flat befor that
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: honda elite 1995 50cc doesnt run anymore

Post by martynkim »

Sounds like the half moon gear is not aligned properly.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

i've tryed to aligne it so many times ... is there any reason for it smoking so much? and why doesnt the electric start seem to work
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

we need a little more info here. your kicker well check the springs are all in the correct place if it falls while rideing. when was the last time it started? i mean before you had all the trouble. smoke (ALOT) could be from bad gas, 2 stroke will have some smoke as your burning oil with the fuel.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

its a 4-stroke it ran less than a week ago took it apart to send some picks to a guy who was ganna sell me some performace parts maybe i put it back together wrong but when i put it back together it looked right only the spring that rebounds the kick starter fell apart so if you could post a pick of what its supose to look like maybe i put spring back together the guy who is selling me the parts told me to oil the half gear kick starter so i did and i think thats causing most of the smoke .... but that still doenst explain why the electric starter isnt expanding to catch the larger gear to turn her over and start her up... let me know if you need more info i think thats about all i can give you she has 191 miles on her just wanted her to go a little faster he said he would sell me some gears and i could get 50ish outa her thanks
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Pierce ramsay wrote:its a 4-stroke
:?:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

are you sure its a 4 stroke? i dont think it is. and if you oiled the half gear where is the smoke coming from? under your belt cover? if so your gonna burn a belt!! the only elite im aware of being 4 stroke are the 150 cc and 250 cc. and im not so sure on the 150 cc.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

i think it is i dont mix the oil and fuel they go in seperatly and the smoke is coming out the exhaust she doesnt even go 5mph any more either
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Pierce ramsay wrote:i think it is i dont mix the oil and fuel they go in seperatly and the smoke is coming out the exhaust she doesnt even go 5mph any more either
Under the seat is where you add gas and oil seperately, then they mix at manifold by carburetor. It's a 2 stroke. Pull kicker cover and post a pic of the gears and pic of the motor behind the covers. Sounds like belt might be slipping.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

evilone wrote:
Pierce ramsay wrote:i think it is i dont mix the oil and fuel they go in seperatly and the smoke is coming out the exhaust she doesnt even go 5mph any more either
Under the seat is where you add gas and oil seperately, then they mix at manifold by carburetor. It's a 2 stroke. Pull kicker cover and post a pic of the gears and pic of the motor behind the covers. Sounds like belt might be slipping.
X2
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Pierce ramsay wrote:its a 4-stroke it ran less than a week ago took it apart to send some picks to a guy who was ganna sell me some performace parts maybe i put it back together wrong but when i put it back together it looked right only the spring that rebounds the kick starter fell apart so if you could post a pick of what its supose to look like maybe i put spring back together the guy who is selling me the parts told me to oil the half gear kick starter so i did and i think thats causing most of the smoke .... but that still doenst explain why the electric starter isnt expanding to catch the larger gear to turn her over and start her up... let me know if you need more info i think thats about all i can give you she has 191 miles on her just wanted her to go a little faster he said he would sell me some gears and i could get 50ish outa her thanks
I don't want to be an *, but could you possibly use some punctuation? A period, comma, question mark and even a couple of exclamation marks? My eyes hurt after reading that.

Thanks!

(See? I used every one of those.)
:b2t:
Last edited by zuphilius on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

But you said Thank! not Thanks!
Now Pierce ramsay has something on you :wink:

At least i could understand what he wrote.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

I was talking punctuation, not spelling! 8)

(Fixed it, too!)
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Pierce ramsay
Spree
Spree

Post by Pierce ramsay »

It wont let me upload pictures what can i do, it say's its invalid?