spree clutch, and mystery clutch

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

tha juggalo boss
Goped
Goped

Re: Spree clutch

Post by tha juggalo boss »

yamahauler660r wrote:So, what's that 2 arm from? :?
im not sure what its from- the two arm clutch is on the left, and the standard spree clutch is on the right- any body else know or have any input??? the two clutches are virtualy the same except the difference in the ammount of arms on them-check the photos-any one have any ideas????
It is what it is-I drive a Cadillac-but I still love riding my elite!!
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Re: spree clutch, and mystery clutch

Post by Spreetard »

The 2-puck is most likley from an sb50, the Elite E powerplant. If it's not, it looks just like one.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
tha juggalo boss
Goped
Goped

Spreetard wrote:The 2-puck is most likley from an sb50, the Elite E powerplant. If it's not, it looks just like one.
do you think swapping these clutches would make any difference? or at least using the two arm clutch to expariment with the spring tention???? im thinking if i shorten the springs a little to make the clutch enguage at a higher rpm, the two arm clutch would enguage a little better and mabe even a little quicker because the pads are much larger allowing for more of the pad surface to grip the bell housing, and also less chance of slipage- I know you guys put a lot of time and thought into your projects so i figure someone has probably tried it or can tell me why I shouldent-or should-
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

tha juggalo boss wrote:
Spreetard wrote:The 2-puck is most likley from an sb50, the Elite E powerplant. If it's not, it looks just like one.
do you think swapping these clutches would make any difference? or at least using the two arm clutch to expariment with the spring tention???? im thinking if i shorten the springs a little to make the clutch enguage at a higher rpm, the two arm clutch would enguage a little better and mabe even a little quicker because the pads are much larger allowing for more of the pad surface to grip the bell housing, and also less chance of slipage- I know you guys put a lot of time and thought into your projects so i figure someone has probably tried it or can tell me why I shouldent-or should-
I have already done it.
You should do it, it works really good. :thumbsup:
less slippage
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
tha juggalo boss
Goped
Goped

Trafficjamz wrote:
tha juggalo boss wrote:
I have already done it.
You should do it, it works really good. :thumbsup:
less slippage

Thanks!!! I appreciate the tip!! :thumbsup: so just swap them straight up or do some modification to the clutch arm tentioner springs??
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

just swap the whole thing.

tospreornottospree Is running a elite e 48mm bbk. And he used dio grab springs in his elite e clutch.

They fit a little loose, but they seem to work so far.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
ae86guy
Elite
Elite

Post by ae86guy »

do like i did modify some grab springs to fit it aint hard much better that stock