Spree Belt Problems?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Spree Belt Problems?

Post by Bear45-70 »

crime_spree wrote:
catsailor wrote:Hello,
I have an issue that I think may be drive belt related. When the bike is cold (first 2 miles or so of first trip of the day) it almost feels as though the "transmission" is slipping once I hit 20 mph or so. Once she is warmed up, there is not a problem. Does this sound like a worn belt? If so, any help on a replacement belt that I can find locally at a pep boys or some other auto parts store?
Did the belt work? I'm in the exact same bout but now I'm not getting no pull at all. I think there's around 800-1,000 miles on my current belt.
I would suspect the clutch before the the belt. When belts get hot they slip worse not less.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
catsailor
Spree
Spree

Post by catsailor »

I have not changed the belt, or checked the clutch. Still getting a consistent 35-40 mph (GPS TESTED). Bike just needs to run for 3 or 4 min before getting there quickly. May follow tjamz lead at the end of the riding season, and put on an elite e clutch. How do you visually tell if clutch is going bad? Spree only had 900 miles on it before I installed Taz gears/bbk so I cant imagine a worn clutch, although anything is possible. It now has 2800 miles on it! Trying to use it as my primary source of transportation this summer. I would love to be able to say that I put 4000 miles on my spree this summer.
1984 Spree With Taz BBK and Gears
1988 Seawind 24 Catamaran
crime_spree
BMX
BMX

Post by crime_spree »

As you may know (or not) I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I'm going to tear it all apart and check it out tonight.

Is there any chance it could be a clutch spring instead of a whole clutch?

Also this maybe a stupid question..Is this the part I'm looking for?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-sp ... ccessories

If not, anybody got one before I venture over to the wanted/for sale thread?

Thanks guys.