88 SB50 Elite Start Brushes

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dale Seleey
Noob
Noob

88 SB50 Elite Start Brushes

Post by Dale Seleey »

I have an 88 Elite SB50. My local Honda dealership is convinced it doesn't exist, and must be an 80cc unit.

Would someone do me the favor of referring me to a proper parts supply place?

To be more specific, I currently need a set of starter brushes and brush holders. After that, I'll need a lot more stuff.

Also, if anyone in the Southeast US has an 88 Elite SB50 for sale, let me know. I need the small size of this model, but if there is a similar sized alternative, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks a bunch!
Dale
toad772
Elite
Elite

Re: 88 SB50 Elite Start Brushes

Post by toad772 »

Dale Seleey wrote:I have an 88 Elite SB50. My local Honda dealership is convinced it doesn't exist, and must be an 80cc unit.

Would someone do me the favor of referring me to a proper parts supply place?

To be more specific, I currently need a set of starter brushes and brush holders. After that, I'll need a lot more stuff.

Also, if anyone in the Southeast US has an 88 Elite SB50 for sale, let me know. I need the small size of this model, but if there is a similar sized alternative, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks a bunch!
Dale
That is strange that a honda dealer would think 88 sb50 didn't exist that is the year the sb50 came out
PS3 it only does everything.
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

You can buy oem parts here http://www.hondabike.com/fiche_select2. ... &fveh=3648 if you live in the us.
Last edited by toad772 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Seleey
Noob
Noob

Post by Dale Seleey »

As the Southeast US is still part of the States, I'd love to have the website address of a preferred supplier of parts in the US. If there are any vendors on these forums, feel free to PM me.

This scooter is supposed to be a running pitbike that gets a chassis tuner or driver coach to different parts of the track to observe. Not having that is a huge inconvienence :lol:

I've got some parts on order through the local dealership by providing them with the OEM Honda part numbers, but they (motionslive.com is their online store) don't have fiche or lookup books at the parts counter. If I'm going to order online, I'd prefer to do it from a vendor that specializes in scooters, to support them.

I'd just buy a new scooter, but the Metropolitan is too big for the space we have in the trailer.
Clivester
Elite
Elite

Post by Clivester »

I use cyclepartswarehouse.com

You can find the starter fiche here:

http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/fich ... &fveh=3648
Lambretta TV-175 (wish I'd never sold it!)
2005 Vento Phantom R4i 125cc (stolen)
1986 Yamaha XC180 Riva
1985 Honda CH150D Elite
1988 Honda SA50 LX Elite
1989 Honda SB50
2007 iScooter 150cc
2006 Roketa 150cc
2006 TNG Venice 50cc
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Dale Seleey wrote:As the Southeast US is still part of the States, I'd love to have the website address of a preferred supplier of parts in the US. If there are any vendors on these forums, feel free to PM me.

This scooter is supposed to be a running pitbike that gets a chassis tuner or driver coach to different parts of the track to observe. Not having that is a huge inconvienence :lol:

I've got some parts on order through the local dealership by providing them with the OEM Honda part numbers, but they (motionslive.com is their online store) don't have fiche or lookup books at the parts counter. If I'm going to order online, I'd prefer to do it from a vendor that specializes in scooters, to support them.

I'd just buy a new scooter, but the Metropolitan is too big for the space we have in the trailer.
I didn't put the link to the parts in my second post oops but it is there now. It is for south bound honda I haven't bought form them cause they only ship in us and I am in Canada but bear buys from them
Dale Seleey
Noob
Noob

Post by Dale Seleey »

thanks guys, coming from the world of racing cars and karts, I know that the forums are the best source of information and recommendations.

Dale