1989 Elite E not getting enough spark...?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 1989 Elite E not getting enough spark...?

Post by Bear45-70 »

konaking wrote:Dude I really don't want to get into it with you on an internet forum. I'm not saying the bystarter plugs into the battery. I was simply trying to explain the area that the bystarter plug leads to. I know exactly how the stator and electrical components work so there is no need for hostility. And fyi I'm an ase certified mechanic and I troubleshoot and repair way more complicated diesel engines and small cars and trucks. I was just suggesting that the bystarter may be stuck down causing the carb to run too rich. I'm not claiming to be an expert just trying to offer some advice. I've read other threads in which you rant and attack other members who are just trying to help. I'm not gonna argue with you about what goes where because your a waste of my time. Your a disabled old fart that has nothing better to do than sit on your computer at home and * off and act like an * on honda spree.
And I'm telling you it does not and never did. If you knew how to read a wiring diagram you would see that. If the bystarter plugs into the battery, why does it still work if you running the scooter without the battery. It's because it runs of the AC directly off the stator (part of the alternator because it produces AC) on the yellow wire, straight to the bystarter and then to ground through the resistor. NO DC ever gets there and to change DC into AC current you need an inverter which these scooter do not have.

I rant because know nothings like you dispense incorrect and just plain false info on the net and you have to be stopped. There is so much bad info put out on the net and it has made anything one sees on the net suspect at best. And you are not helping with your WRONG info.

Oh and don't try to play the experience card on me. Worked as a experimental aircraft tech for Beechcraft corp, as an auto mechanic at a Pontiac dealer, as a lineman, as a computer tech, as an aircraft electronics tech, as a radio communications tech, as a professional 2 stroke and 4 stroke mechanic (factory certified by 3 manufactures) as a professional race mechanic. I also was my own mechanic for my winning race cars and race boats, with which I set 3 speed records and took 2 National High Point Championships.

I am an old fart but at least I know what I am taking about which it is obvious to anyone that knows crap about scooter, that you DON"T!
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

konaking wrote:I was just suggesting that the bystarter may be stuck down causing the carb to run too rich. I'm not claiming to be an expert just trying to offer some advice..
The bystarter is an electronic choke circuit.

It is in the "UP" or retracted position when the scooter is off, which lets more fuel in to the mixture.

It slowly moves to the "DOWN" or extended position when the scooter is running, which leans the mixture out.

Not the other way around.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
gotwake5
BMX
BMX

Post by gotwake5 »

Just lookin to fix my moped guys.
1986 Honda Spree
1989 Honda Elite E
2001 Honda Elite SR
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

Gotwake try unplugging your bystarter that's all I'm gonna say. These guys want to get super technical on here. The bystarterwire leads to somewhere by the battery. I haven't worked on a stock bike with a bystarter in years so idk exactly where it plugs into.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

konaking wrote:Gotwake try unplugging your bystarter that's all I'm gonna say. These guys want to get super technical on here. The bystarterwire leads to somewhere by the battery. I haven't worked on a stock bike with a bystarter in years so idk exactly where it plugs into.
kona chump, you can't learn from your own mistakes, how the * can you give advise about something you obviously don't know anthing about and don't understand at all. It wont' help and you are still despensing WRONG info.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

Bear you just don't wanna give up huh? What a * :b2t:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

konaking wrote:Bear you just don't wanna give up huh? What a * :b2t:
Me???? You've been told your are wrong by two different forum members and you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong, but it is me who won't give up? If you worked for me, you wouldn't.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:
konaking wrote:Bear you just don't wanna give up huh? What a * :b2t:
Me???? You've been told your are wrong by two different forum members and you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong, but it is me who won't give up? If you worked for me, you wouldn't.

Don't fight with Bear, best to have him on the right side of you. He just says it as it is uncensored. BTW you are wrong, I'm #3
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
konaking
Spree
Spree

Post by konaking »

Haha okay well I'm just suggesting that the bystarter might be stuck and that gotwake should try to unplug it jeez
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Editor's Note: Bear couldn't take this one, so he asked me to fill in:
Quoth KonaKiing:
Haha okay well I'm just suggesting that the bystarter might be stuck and that gotwake should try to unplug it jeez
Then you know Nothing about being "Stuck". Why, back in the Johnson Administration I had an entire 55-gallon drum of the then-new product called Super-Glue spilled on me as I was crawling through a ventilation duct. It took rotating teams of Fire and Rescue workers using jackhammers over two weeks to free me, you pitiful pile of pointless platitudes!

How'd I do, Dawg?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
e-Pirate
Goped
Goped

Post by e-Pirate »

my moped runs on deisel. wut do/?
SWAG
1984 Honda Spree
1985 Honda Gyro S
1977 Honda Camino
1960 Alpa Moor
2009 Piaggio MP3 400
2002 BMW 330xi
gotwake5
BMX
BMX

Post by gotwake5 »

Haha, glad they got you out Wheelman.

I'm having a new company pick it up tonight to fix it. I've had my run and I can't figure it out anymore. I'll update you guys when I get back and finally figure out what was causing the problem.

Thanks guys
1986 Honda Spree
1989 Honda Elite E
2001 Honda Elite SR