Honda Elite E restriction???

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

thatguy80
Noob
Noob

Honda Elite E restriction???

Post by thatguy80 »

I recently bought a 1989 Honda Elite E (Sb50 P) and i read somewhere that it was a restricted model. I read that there was a washer somewhere in the intake manifold that could be removed. I could be wrong and i am really interested in derestricting it.

If its not the washer, could it just be the CDI??? I could buy an unrestricted one on eBay.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!
bc117
Spree
Spree

Re: Honda Elite E restriction???

Post by bc117 »

cdi is not restricted and i believe the washer is in the exhaust you will also have to up-jet
1985 aero 50
ported
custom exhaust
ruckus vario
1K polini clutch springs
hopefully nh80 powered soon!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

The SA50P is restricted with a washer in the exhaust.

The elite e is not restricted as far as I know ( Just slow like the spree) 30mph is all you get. :smile:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
thatguy80
Noob
Noob

Post by thatguy80 »

Thanks! I found a aftermarket CDI on eBay that supposedly allows it to rev higher and gives you more power. Is this something that would be worth buying ($40) or is it not worth it? If I do get it should i get a jet kit as well???
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

thatguy80 wrote:Thanks! I found a aftermarket CDI on eBay that supposedly allows it to rev higher and gives you more power. Is this something that would be worth buying ($40) or is it not worth it? If I do get it should i get a jet kit as well???
Aftermarket CDIs are not as good as the stock CDI and not worth the money. The aftermarket CDI will NOT improve performance and are noted for dying very quickly. Keep looking for an real CDI on flea-bay, but I don't think the CDI is you issue.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Trafficjamz wrote:The SA50P is restricted with a washer in the exhaust.

The elite e is not restricted as far as I know ( Just slow like the spree) 30mph is all you get. :smile:
Now you will know... :wink:
The sb50p is the restricted version of the sb50. The restrictions run deep though, porting and the entire pipe. The porting also causes a compression difference. The main jet is a different size but I don't remember if the rest of the intake has any differences. The restrictions really just shift the power band by about 5MPH. The 2t kick hits 5 mph sooner on the sb50p but it is also 5MPH slower on the top end.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
thatguy80
Noob
Noob

Post by thatguy80 »

eliteguy50 wrote:
Trafficjamz wrote:The SA50P is restricted with a washer in the exhaust.

Now you will know... :wink:
The sb50p is the restricted version of the sb50. The restrictions run deep though, porting and the entire pipe. The porting also causes a compression difference. The main jet is a different size but I don't remember if the rest of the intake has any differences. The restrictions really just shift the power band by about 5MPH. The 2t kick hits 5 mph sooner on the sb50p but it is also 5MPH slower on the top end.
I am getting a big bore kit tmro prolly.. it comes with a whole new cilinder, will this help get rid of some of the restrictions all together??

also i want an aftermarket exhaust but i dont think they make them.. is there one i can buy that will fit my elite e? or will i have to fab my own one???

If there is something i am missing please let me know! You guys are the best! SO HELPFUL!!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

thatguy80 wrote:I am getting a big bore kit tmro prolly.. it comes with a whole new cilinder, will this help get rid of some of the restrictions all together??

also i want an aftermarket exhaust but i dont think they make them.. is there one i can buy that will fit my elite e? or will i have to fab my own one???

If there is something i am missing please let me know! You guys are the best! SO HELPFUL!!
Yes, the BBK will get rid of most of the 'restriction.'

There is not a bolt on aftermarket performance exhaust. The sb50 exhaust flows a slight bit more than the sb50p but I would save my money until Taz (the guy selling the BBK on ebay) gets his performance pipe tweaked and on the market. You can fab your own if you don't want to wait a couple months (estimated date of Taz's finished pipe).

An aftermarket intake and carb set up is said to hit the market soon as well. When you combine all three, your E will be a whole new animal. If you buy the spree gears for a higher top speed, you will need to machine them down to fit the E's transmission.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
thatguy80
Noob
Noob

Post by thatguy80 »

Thanks eliteguy50!!! i am getting the kit with the drive gears and the gear needs to be shaved form 15mm to 12mm so i guess i will just have to find someone to do that for me.

Thanks again guys! i guess i will wait for taz's new upgrades! Cant wait to get this thing going!!