sputter/stall

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jlynn433
Spree
Spree

sputter/stall

Post by jlynn433 »

Ok so i just fixed a vacuum leak on the bottom of the intake mani where it meets the other gasket for the reeds. I had it running all the way lean before this to accomodate for the vacuum leak, but now it wont run that way because it is fixed. However, i put the carburetor back to stock settings, that didnt work so i tried adjusting it. I got it to a point where i can get it to like 25, but at wot it will just bog lightly (go to about 26-27 and just be loud as * & sound like it wants to bog and stall) i can upload a video and post a link if needed
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: sputter/stall

Post by dun rite »

try to keep your posts in one spot. just replied to this in your other post, although it didn't explain it as well as this one. sounds like the main jet is dirty or to small due to the exhaust derestriction. You are doing all this with the airbox and filter in place?
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

dun rite wrote:try to keep your posts in one spot. just replied to this in your other post, although it didn't explain it as well as this one. sounds like the main jet is dirty or to small due to the exhaust derestriction. You are doing all this with the airbox and filter in place?
yeah the airbox is attatched do you thing i need a bigger main? :?:
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

I'm not sure exactly if all you did was open the exhaust and not the air filter as well. Did all the happen after you drilled out the exhaust.
the air, fuel & exhaust flow in and out of the engine is designed to a balance by honda, by opening one and not the other would say that it is now out of balance. If you open the air box restriction then you definately need to rejet, From what I remember reading somewhere on this forum, by drilling the baffles you will have a loss of higher rpm. Not sure how you could fix that easily.
arreche air filter
v8 pipe
stock gears
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

dun rite wrote:I'm not sure exactly if all you did was open the exhaust and not the air filter as well. Did all the happen after you drilled out the exhaust.
the air, fuel & exhaust flow in and out of the engine is designed to a balance by honda, by opening one and not the other would say that it is now out of balance. If you open the air box restriction then you definately need to rejet, From what I remember reading somewhere on this forum, by drilling the baffles you will have a loss of higher rpm. Not sure how you could fix that easily.
i just need my 35-40 mph back that i got with the derestricted muffler and variator because im getting a corsa with a performance variator and a v8 typhoon pipe
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

i didnt see other post, so is this an elite? if so and you derestricted everything(vari,exhaust and airbox) did you up jet any? my elite runs with a 95 jet, but weird thing is my neighbor did all the same mods to his as i did and his wont run on 95 but on a 78. your restricted elite still has the 65 jet in it it will run to lean and hurt the motor. :nervous:
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

odinxxix wrote:i didnt see other post, so is this an elite? if so and you derestricted everything(vari,exhaust and airbox) did you up jet any? my elite runs with a 95 jet, but weird thing is my neighbor did all the same mods to his as i did and his wont run on 95 but on a 78. your restricted elite still has the 65 jet in it it will run to lean and hurt the motor. :nervous:
I didnt touch the airbox... how would you derestrict it?
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

and i didnt rejet it but im looking at a kit on ebay that comes with an 85,90,95,100,105,and 110 so i have some options to see wht works best. do you think its worth getting?
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

your bike is basically stock? all you have done is drilled the exhaust and removed variator plate?

a stock unrestricted elite uses a #78 main jet. the restricted P model used a #68.

when you look at the air filter cover, at the top you will see where the air flows through. right next to it there is another chamber identical to the open one, this one you open as well. just be sure to rejet before running.
arreche air filter
v8 pipe
stock gears
allisswell
Spree
Spree

Post by allisswell »

dun rite wrote:your bike is basically stock? all you have done is drilled the exhaust and removed variator plate?

a stock unrestricted elite uses a #78 main jet. the restricted P model used a #68.

when you look at the air filter cover, at the top you will see where the air flows through. right next to it there is another chamber identical to the open one, this one you open as well. just be sure to rejet before running.
I did this exactly as described by same person and worked perfect...here
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=19125
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

allisswell wrote:
dun rite wrote:your bike is basically stock? all you have done is drilled the exhaust and removed variator plate?

I did this exactly as described by same person and worked perfect...here
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=19125
i just ordered a set of 6 diff jets by daytona. it includes an 85,90,95,100,105,and 110. i have the unrestricted model that comes with the 78 stock so if i need the 85, it wont be too big of a jump and theres bigger if i need them as well
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

you have two posts going in different sections. Are they the same bike? i'm confused, you said you drilled out exhaust restriction and removed variator plate. but now you say you have the unrestricted model. two different bikes?????????
arreche air filter
v8 pipe
stock gears
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

dun rite wrote:you have two posts going in different sections. Are they the same bike? i'm confused, you said you drilled out exhaust restriction and removed variator plate. but now you say you have the unrestricted model. two different bikes?????????
sorry they are the same bike (2000 Honda Elite S) its just that i put more of a detailed explanation on this forum. lets stick to this one for performance issues and the other for the upgrade. srry bout that
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

if you read and watched the video on my other post about the stall, reply here. otherwise ill show you guys a vid of the problem im having. please help me guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5UVpDWdKY
-Malossi Vari
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
pboost
BMX
BMX

Post by pboost »

I seen your vid i also live in macomb, I have a few extra jets if you need to try any i would be glad to help ya out. I have 85-100. Shoot me a text or call me 586 738 8859

Ryan
1985 spree Work in progress.(finally running****) 86 Down do to slight complications.