exhaust question....

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

hasback
BMX
BMX

exhaust question....

Post by hasback »

seeing how there isnt much stuff out there performance wise for my 83 aero 50 i have this idea...

i wanna take the stock exhaust cut off the muffler and weld on a bi-turbo from a moped exhaust i have laying around... will this work as far as making it a bit quicker.?

its a stock motor with a taped up air filter thats about it.. she goes about 33 at the moment if i can get a little more out of her by doing this i will be happy any input is welcome . thanks guys :)

:peace:
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: exhaust question....

Post by z50r-ghost »

Ive used biturbo mufflers on tomos mopeds with good results, but to *really* make it work for your 83 Aero, you have to consider header pipe length, diameter, etc... You probably will just get more sound, and not performance. It couldn't really hurt to try, as long as you check your plug and upjet to accommodate the pipe.

It's a well known fact that Honda knew what they were doing when they designed their mufflers... Each muffler is specifically designed for efficiency for each engine... Performance is hurt when the muffler becomes clogged w'carbon... Maybe research burning your carbon out first... Just an idea...

It's kinda like how kids I grew up with drilled holes in their spree mufflers... They actually went slower; but the bike felt faster due to the sound! Still, fun times. Then, I shoehorned an Aero engine in my spree...(imagine a 12 year old fab-up job) and out ran them all...

-j
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F