Elite 50 (SE50P) replacement carburetor

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Elite 50 (SE50P) replacement carburetor

Post by dun rite »

why not get some gasket material and make a gasket? use an old ceral box, heavy weight adv. material. not sealing oil in, just dirt and moisture out.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
ragtop89
Elite
Elite

Post by ragtop89 »

I'd shave a little material off the carb side of the bolt hole to allow a nut to fit, if I had the time.
83' Aero NH80
86' Yamaha Riva 125Z

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c4e3cfb7c9d5
nightcruiser
Spree
Spree

Post by nightcruiser »

Hey Hey!

Had GREAT SUCCESS this afternoon with the scooter!!!

Got the carb mount tapped out to 1/4 X 28 standard (the original THREAD size was M6, though the socket that fit the head was an 8mm) I tapped out both sides and changed both bolts.

I ground about 1mm off the outside end of the bendix shaft, after torquing down the crankcase cover this time the starter turns over the motor!

Best of all, she started right up and idled nicely (which it didn't really do before). I used the electric start the first time (cause I needed to get the bowl full of fuel). Once she started I killed her off and tried the kick start, fired up on the first kick. I could never get her to start cold before, doing great now, so I think she's fixed!

Thanks a million for all of your help here in the forum, I am sure I will be back sometime soon with more questions for the experts....
nightcruiser
Spree
Spree

Post by nightcruiser »

dun rite wrote:why not get some gasket material and make a gasket? use an old ceral box, heavy weight adv. material. not sealing oil in, just dirt and moisture out.
The crank case gasket is very large, and thin, seems like it would be a hard one to make.
Got the starter working now without the gasket, so I am good to go now... But thanks for your input...
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Had GREAT SUCCESS this afternoon with the scooter!!!
That's always the best outcome, congrats on troubleshooting and fixes! All completed before our spring out here. Happy riding :lol: