Elite

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

Elite

Post by ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311 »

Hey guys im kinda new to this forum and i just wanted to tell everyone what im doing as well as get some feedback. ill try to get some pics posted later. i have a 01 elite the only thing ive done to it right now is just put a bigger filter on the carb. i am going to milll the head next week but im running the stock cyliunder on it. (maybe just bore the cylinder all the way because buddy works at a motorcycle shop and i could do it for next to nothing). but i bought a pipe for it off of a 01 ktm 50 dirtbike and the flandges are correct for it and i only need to make two cut/ reweld them to make it work on the ped. But what i need to know is if i really need to speedo box on the ped. im going for a toggle switch and push button dash look(up load pics later) and im just cutting into the harness to add my switches. i plan on using a bicycle speedometer to mount on it also. but do i really have to have the box that most of the wires go into?.. i relize i wont have the fuel gauge(brojen anyway) and wonted to know what i needed to do to make it work still... depending on where the wires went i wanted to get indicator light from autozone to act as, turn signal light, high beam indicator, as well as the oil light. just let me know what needs to happen or if anyone knows thanks....NIC
-90mph, 50mpg, still laughing?-
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Re: Elite

Post by tabs808 »

Im guessing youre gonna go bare handlebars with the ped?
The "speedo box" isnt the one thag controls everything, it just lets you know if you have low oil, if your signals are on, if youre on high beam, and how fast youre going.
All you need is a rocker switch for your signals and an on and off switch for your lights. Maybe a button for the starter if youre still gonna use it.
You can turn your bike on and off with the key.
The most you should bore out your stock bore is to 45mm, for 66cc.
The ktm50 max rev is about 14,600rpm so idk if the pipe would be good for it
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

don't forget to upjet the carb for the larger airfilter and exhaust. not sure what size you should run but definitely bigger than stock
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311
Goped
Goped

Post by ILLEGALLIFESTYLZ311 »

yea i hate how the slow jet is pressed in... but yea i relize i wont have the speedometer .. and yes im going with a plain handle bar look. i did wire in all the switches and gave it a paintjob. im adding turn signals where the side reflectors are at the bottom on the front. i really just need to know what wire go where if im adding different indicators lights for oil/highbeam/turn.. also where can i get another turn signal switch that works for it. Tach?
-90mph, 50mpg, still laughing?-