replacing the rear brake

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

89eliteR
Spree
Spree

Re: replacing the rear brake

Post by 89eliteR »

Ran into one problem. I snapped a bolt for the exhaust, still seems to hold tight, but does leak a little bit. Now how hard is it going to be to fix this?

fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

you're lucky, it doesnt look like its sheer w/ the base.
grab yourself a pair of locking-jaw pliers(vise-grips) and twist it out of there.
if this doesnt work you can get a bolt extractor set from any decent hardware store.
to replace, you can just go to the same hardware store and pick up a new one, make sure the threads are the same though. metric has 3 different pitches to their threads.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
collgeprkbubbasprks
BMX
BMX

Post by collgeprkbubbasprks »

Hello, I am new to the forum. I recently have had the same issue occurring in my Honda 1987 elite se50p. My brake shoes are fine and there looks to be no abnormal wear inside or around where the brakes contact. The cable seems to be fine as I get stopping power from my rear brake handle, but it reaches a point where it almost shudders or grinds slightly when i press firmly. It only happens when it is a slightly firm grip not a light tapping. Some advice from someone would be much appreciated. Thank you.
collgeprkbubbasprks
BMX
BMX

Post by collgeprkbubbasprks »

so i'm dumb i changed exhausts and there was a rubber stopper on a bracket from the old one that the new one didn't have. the kickstand was interfering with the brake cable and causing the rattle. by the way this didn't take a month to figure out ...