Best way to plug the oil injector hole on a '83 nu50

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Buckeroo Bob
BMX
BMX

Best way to plug the oil injector hole on a '83 nu50

Post by Buckeroo Bob »

I want to remove the oil pump on a rebuilt '83 Nu50. Rather than just disable the pump, I'd like to remove it and get it out of the way and switch to pre-mix. What is the best plug for the task?
patthesoundguy

Re: Best way to plug the oil injector hole on a '83 nu50

Post by patthesoundguy »

Is that the urban express? The regular express you can use and expanding rubber plug. I saw the idea on youtube. I have also seen mountainbike handle bar endplug used as well. I have to get one of the plugs to plug my oil pump hole on my express as well.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Best way to plug the oil injector hole on a '83 nu50

Post by kingkamehameha »

patthesoundguy wrote:Is that the urban express? The regular express you can use and expanding rubber plug. I saw the idea on youtube. I have also seen mountainbike handle bar endplug used as well. I have to get one of the plugs to plug my oil pump hole on my express as well.
Dont use a rubber plug. Why are you disabling the oil pump? Are you running a bbk? If not leave it and just tie it open. Bad idea premixing sucks. If you have to plug it search big money oil plug.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii