First 00' Elite SA50p

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bfowler
Elite
Elite

First 00' Elite SA50p

Post by bfowler »

Hey guys, I recently picked up an elite SA50P for $600. The odometer reads about 550 miles. I will post pictures right after I get out of class. First things first, I am a complete noobie when it comes to anything related to auto mechanics but I read a lot before making the purchase and I feel that I can fix it up, with the wonderful guidance by you guys! I noticed a couple of problems with the scooter. One, it completely loses power if you try to go WOT. Second, it also loses power when going up hills, to the point where the motor will sometimes even shut off entirely. What do you think this could be? I'm waiting for my tools that I recently ordered to arrive so I can start working on it. REALLY EXCITED!!! I plan to change out the oil and gas, change the spark plug, and clean the carberatur. It's also missing the lower side panels on each side so I need to order those as well, found them for about $65 online. As far as upgrades go, I'd like to derestrict it. I don't own a drill so is there any other tool I can use to take out the washer in the muffler? And does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? And also do I just have to take the piece off the variator or do I need to swap it out entirely? If so, how do you think the ruckus variator will be with it (also from red)? And I feel like ill be able to easily punch out the second tab in the air filter. I'd also like to put in a 72cc bbk, probably order it from red. And is there a noticeable difference between cast iron and the aluminum? What size carb should I get with that? And I also want to change the headlights and tail light to the Japanese version, I really like that look. Also what kind of performance pipe would you recommend? And lastly, kind of a stupid question but what kind of oil should I use? Seems like lots of people are using Honda gn2. And should I start running premix now? Thanks so much.
Last edited by bfowler on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: First 00' Elite SA50p

Post by evilone »

bfowler wrote:Hey guys, I recently picked up an elite SA50P for $600. The odometer reads about 550 miles. I will post pictures right after I get out of class. First things first, I am a complete noobie when it comes to anything related to auto mechanics but I read a lot before making the purchase and I feel that I can fix it up, with the wonderful guidance by you guys! I noticed a couple of problems with the scooter. One, it completely loses power if you try to go WOT. Second, it also loses power when going up hills, to the point where the motor will sometimes even shut off entirely. What do you think this could be? Clean the carbI'm waiting for my tools that I recently ordered to arrive so I can start working on it. REALLY EXCITED!!! I plan to change out the oil and gas, change the spark plug, and clean the carberatur. It's also missing the lower side panels on each side so I need to order those as well, found them for about $65 online. As far as upgrades go, I'd like to derestrict it. I don't own a drill so is there any other tool I can use to take out the washer in the muffler? And does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? And also do I just have to take the piece off the variator or do I need to swap it out entirely? take the piece offIf so, how do you think the ruckus variator will be with it good(also from red)? And I feel like ill be able to easily punch out the second tab in the air filter. I'd also like to put in a 72cc bbk, probably order it from red. What size carb should I get with that? 21mmAnd I also want to change the headlights and tail light to the Japanese version, I really like that look. And lastly, kind of a stupid question but what kind of oil should I use? gn2 with oil pump still hooked upSeems like lots of people are using Honda gn2. And should I start running premix now? noThanks so much.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

use oil pump even after its derestricted?
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Is it missing the airbox?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

To be honest I have no idea. I don't know what the airbox looks like LOL. And I also don't have any tools to open the cover.. Tools should be coming in sometime this week, probably wednesday or friday.

I'm guessing that's it?
bakaracer wrote:Is it missing the airbox?
Attachments
Airbox.png
Airbox.png (57.88 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

The airbox is that whole thing pictured with all those parts
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Ooooo. Well yup, the box is there.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Do a service on it. Refer to the service manual and follow that. There is a section on here where the service manuals are
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r