need some advice. my engine runs really crap.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

fireblade
Spree
Spree

need some advice. my engine runs really crap.

Post by fireblade »

Okay, here's the situation.
I used to roll on an evePAX that I scored for free. I gave it death for years. Wore out a lot of tyres doing skids at parties. (Including one in the kitchen at one insane thursday night binge drinking session)
Then two springs ago, (october 2011) I was out for my first ride of the season. The bottom end shat itself. And I was stuck on the side of the road. (A good half hour from home too) As luck would have it, a mate drove past in his van and resued me, and the scoot. From then till recently, it just sat in the long grass.
So I was in need of a new scooter.
A bloke at worked brother had a honda dio city movement for sale. But it didn't go. It had been when it'd been parked up at the end of the summer previous. I um'd and ah'd about buying it. Then my girlfriends cousin gave me a crashed dio for free. With a few kicks, it ran like a charm. So I bought it, and swapped the motors over.
ONce the engine that wouldn't run was removed from the dio, I pulled the head, and barrel, and drained all the oil from the crankcase. I refitted it to the crashed frame, and got it running.
So today I fitted that engine to my old evePAX. Hooked everything up. but it runs like sh1t.
So I changed out the old fuel from the tank. And stripped the carb down. Removed all the varnish, and blew everything out with compressed air.
Slammed it back together, but it's a little hard to start. And if I rev the clacker off it on the stand, then lift off it only return to idle quite slowly. And then it dies. and it's very hard to restart. It kinda pops back a little bit while I'm kicking it over too.
Anyone got any suggestions for things I can try to fix it?
I really wanna get it running right while it's still summer so I can flick the bike off to raise some $$ to spend on my datsun.
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: need some advice. my engine runs really crap.

Post by paulpauly7 »

you in chch arnt you bring it around to my house and ill fix itfor you pm me
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
fireblade
Spree
Spree

Post by fireblade »

PM sent! :-)
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Did you swap the engine modules or just run the one in the frame? Maybe not compatible?
Also could be a bit of rust from the old tank still stuck somewhere in the carb.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
fireblade
Spree
Spree

Post by fireblade »

Just the engines. some of the plugs were different, but ALL the wires were the same colour. I did some pretty ugly splicing to make it run. I don't get why it would only idle down slowly when the throttle is released?
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

meet with fireblade today good guy we got his bike running mint also found it was a af18e from a zx dio so good score for him.Im ordering some parts from japan to get the daily rider dio moveing a bit quicker to keep up with the flow of speeding traffic
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
fireblade
Spree
Spree

Post by fireblade »

Yeah, Kyle rocked over to my place and waved his magic wand over my scoot. (turned out he only lives four blocks away!) I'm super stoked to have met someone who knows their * bout hondas. (Datsuns and mopars are my forte) Turns out I'd made a dumbass newbie mistake. But now it sings so good, I'm probably gonna swap the ZX motor back into my daily Dio. (It's way too good to sell with my money spinner scooter)
Thanks for your help mate!!!!

EDIT, I can't believe s h i z is deemed offensive enough to be replaced by a * on this forum! *?
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"