woo hoo! figured out my issue now on to the next one /:

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

7m-iata
Goped
Goped

woo hoo! figured out my issue now on to the next one /:

Post by 7m-iata »

I finally found my issue with my 1e40qmb swapped elite. I had a 4 stroke flywheel on it?!?!? I bought the engine "running when we pulled it" and never messed with the flywheel, while looking at a few other I had laying around I noticed the raised area for the pickup was really short compared to my other 2t flywheels. Part # search shows 4 stroke 49cc chinese engine. I put a new one on charged my battery good and it runs 40mph no problem and gets there nice and quickly. which bring me to my issue.

I run good up until about 40 mph (mid fuel gauge) then it starts to 4 stroke and I need to let off the gas and get back on or it starts sputtering. I tried blocking the airflow a little and it made it worse. This is where I'm confused, If the moped is poppoing and stuttering/running kinda hot, That points toward running lean I thought?? Could running too rich cause my issues? and when at high 40ish for a few minutes maybe 2 miles I NEED to let off the gas completely for a second then get back on, like its running lean and needs time to catch back up with fuel delivery.

I'm very confused with these conflicting issues, should I try a hotter/colder plug or is this definitely a fueling issue of some sort?