* honda spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Primariz
Noob
Noob

* honda spree

Post by Primariz »

hello to all!

so the problem with my Honda spree is that every single time I turn the throttle the engine start to jump/*/idle weird... I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. it just * rapidly making the whole scooter vibrate until I get around 5-10 mph, after that it runs fine! . I don't know how to tackle this situation. I took the crankcase and the belt seem fine... any suggestions?
:*:
patthesoundguy

Re: * honda spree

Post by patthesoundguy »

De glaze the clutch pads and bell with sandpaper and clean it all well with brake clean. My spree did that last year, had me freaked. Works perfect now :-D

Sent from my LG-C800G using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
breaze
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by breaze »

Primariz wrote:hello to all!

so the problem with my Honda spree is that every single time I turn the throttle the engine start to jump/*/idle weird... I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. it just * rapidly making the whole scooter vibrate until I get around 5-10 mph, after that it runs fine! . I don't know how to tackle this situation. I took the crankcase and the belt seem fine... any suggestions?
:*:
I assume you mean that you removed the left side cover to check the belt. When you say the belt seems fine, does that mean you actually checked the width of the belt against the minimum spec in the service manual? If it is below minimum width or has any oil/contaminants on it, you will need a new belt (a visual inspection is not enough). Also, along with Pat's advice for cleaning clutch components, you should also check the clutch pads for minimum width.
'72 CT90
'73 CT90
'74 CT90
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Be sure the drive face is still tight as well.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts