Does anybody know how to tune a d*** CARB

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Juanzx
BMX
BMX

Does anybody know how to tune a d*** CARB

Post by Juanzx »

It's my 86 spree can anybody explain step by step how to tune a carburetor ??? I mean can u show me pictures or a video ??? I've seen soo many videos but I still don't understand please help u guys :(
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Does anybody know how to tune a d*** CARB

Post by paulpauly7 »

read the manual
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Stock carb? or are you dialing in a different carb? There isn't much to tune on a stock carb, two screws. Grab the manual and follow the steps on how to set the idle air mixture and idle speed. On the stand you turn the idle air screw to the prescribed amount of turns from seated in the manual then go from there. Not too hard, unless your pilot circuit is not clean and not flowing fuel properly, then its pretty much impossible to set the idle mixture and idle speed so you get a proper idle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Get it started if you can, turn the idle up to where it wont die, turn the screw for mixture all the way in see if the bike will die, if it does good, back out that screw to 2 full turns out (2 x 360 degree rotations to the left), start the bike back up with the high idle still, back down the idle till the wheel stops moving, then in 1/4 turn (90 degrees inward or to the right) tighten it back in just a little until theres a nice crisp idle. In between mix adjustments (screw turning) blip the throttle a couple times and wait 30 secs. If this doesnt work your carb probably needs to be cleaned out.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

You may have to readjust your idle after of course.
Juanzx
BMX
BMX

Post by Juanzx »

patthesoundguy wrote:Stock carb? or are you dialing in a different carb? There isn't much to tune on a stock carb, two screws. Grab the manual and follow the steps on how to set the idle air mixture and idle speed. On the stand you turn the idle air screw to the prescribed amount of turns from seated in the manual then go from there. Not too hard, unless your pilot circuit is not clean and not flowing fuel properly, then its pretty much impossible to set the idle mixture and idle speed so you get a proper idle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
yeah bro its a stock carb