Where can i get the cheapest battery ???

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Juanzx
BMX
BMX

Where can i get the cheapest battery ???

Post by Juanzx »

i need a 1986 honda spree battery but i want the cheapest one let me know .... also i need a new vacuum hose where can i get that ?? does anybody know the measurements so i can ebay it or should i take it to autozone ???
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Re: Where can i get the cheapest battery ???

Post by bfowler »

You can get the vacuum hose at your nearest small engine dealer or repair shop. Its 1/8". If youre going to replace the vacuum line you mine as well replace the fuel line with a clear fuel line as well which is 3/16". take the two lines in and tell them you want to replace them with yellow tygon line.

Or you can order fuel/vacuum lines online at a bunch of places such as treatland.tv
Juanzx
BMX
BMX

Post by Juanzx »

all they have are fuel lines can i use those as vacuum lines ???
bfowler wrote:You can get the vacuum hose at your nearest small engine dealer or repair shop. Its 1/8". If youre going to replace the vacuum line you mine as well replace the fuel line with a clear fuel line as well which is 3/16". take the two lines in and tell them you want to replace them with yellow tygon line.

Or you can order fuel/vacuum lines online at a bunch of places such as treatland.tv
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

batteryplus around 30 dollars...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Juanzx
BMX
BMX

Post by Juanzx »

What do you guys think about this battery I found in eBay ??? New YTX4L-BS Scooter Battery Hyosung SF50 Prima Rally Sense Yamaha River Jog SYM
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

Can you guys get these Motobatt batteries in the states?

http://motobatt.com/

model number MBTX4U fits Dios, Sprees, Pals. They are slightly taller I believe.

I have fitted these to 2 different scooters. They rock! They do not lose charge much at all, good cranking amps have always been reliable and certainly in this country are reasonably priced. I would not go back to a standard battery. Also here they are not classified as Hazardous goods so very easy to buy and have shipped.

I firmly believe it is worth looking around for these batteries and buying them if comparable/reasonable priced to standard batts.

Thats my 2c worth!
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

the motobatt is also mantinence free meaning you just put it in and go no filling of acid no prechargeing i have also now used 4 of these batts and they are good .Even our honda dealer here sells them so what does that tell you
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

The vacuum lines are the same type of line that the fuel lines are. For clear lines the tygon yellow line is great doesn't harden up, and easy to get, home depot sells it has most of the different sizes here in Canada, or your local small engine shop is a great place to go get it. The regular clear lines you buy at the hardware store don't work all that well for fuel as it hardens up really quick and can leak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock