Honda Elite Sb50p Carb Issues

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

newtoit
Noob
Noob

Honda Elite Sb50p Carb Issues

Post by newtoit »

My elite died yesterday as i pulled in the drive. I took it apart today and my carb came loose off the manifold. I lost the bolts and didnt have any spares so i tapped the one hole and put a bolt in it, got it started and it ran just fine. I shut it off and noticed some gas leaking. On the backside of the carb there is a small brass pipe hanging vertically and gas was coming out of it like a horse taking a leak. I aussme its the float over flow? I use it as a daily driver and am currently saving for my first car so i dont have extra money to be dumping into this thing. Any suggestions on how to stop this leaking would greatly help. Thank you
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Re: Honda Elite Sb50p Carb Issues

Post by Pete M »

Your needle valve is stuck open and the fuel is comming out of the vent. Remove the bowl and clean the needle valve and check for proper fuel level.
89 Elite E
newtoit
Noob
Noob

Post by newtoit »

I i cleaned the whole carb and everything. How do i check proper fuel level?
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Post by swflcarl »

Listen to Pete... he knows. The float has a rubber top needle pin that stops the fuel from overflowing the carb. Take a look your assembly job, and polish the seat where the rubber tip goes.

You can 'chuck-up a q-tip with polishing compound and clean the seat.

Best of Luck.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive